• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laharll

Jun 23, 2011
    Pasadena
    So i'm thinking about getting a decent 20 gauge side by side, and a 20 gauge bolt action. And ideas about what would be best for a lower price point but with good reliability?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    For the bolt action, look for a nice older one that's off-branded like Glenfield, Western Field, Western Auto, J.C. Penney, or Sears. These shotguns are a niche market. In like-new condition (a unicorn), they are worth $250 at most from a reputable gun shop. Depending on condition, the price spirals quickly towards zero, especially if they've been shot a lot.

Laharll

Jun 23, 2011
    Pasadena
    Yep. Get her interested in shooting and there goes half YOUR shooting budget. However, you get to go shooting with your wife without special permission, etc. Get her whatever gun she wants, even if it is pink or purple.

Holy crap, please don't ever repeat that statement again. If she finds out she could get a purple gun I'm screwed. Is there a delete button? Lol

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Holy crap, please don't ever repeat that statement again. If she finds out she could get a purple gun I'm screwed. Is there a delete button? Lol

lol - that is what my wife wants. My daughter wants a pink pellet gun, pink 22, and pink bow. Whatever it takes to get them shooting, I'm all for it. My wife has even said she will go hunting if the kids get involved in it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Everybody needs a nice purple or pink 10/22. ;)

Attachments

• 1208.jpg
      1208.jpg
      13.9 KB · Views: 104
    • 1206.jpg
      1206.jpg
      12.3 KB · Views: 103

Laharll

Jun 23, 2011
    Pasadena
    Hmmm... I joke but I just recently bought her a 10/22 and she would love that purple stock. I'm gonna go look that up. And thanks for the info earlier. :)

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Hmmm... I joke but I just recently bought her a 10/22 and she would love that purple stock. I'm gonna go look that up. And thanks for the info earlier. :)

Get the dura coat kit I showed you and come over . We will fix her 10/22 up and throw some dead cow parts on the grill .

Laharll

Jun 23, 2011
    Pasadena
    As far as the shotgun let her run your 12ga I will give some reduced recoil buck shot for her to try out .

She can shoot hers. That's why she has that one. To keep her damn dirty hands off of mine. That's my toy...... Mine......

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    She can shoot hers. That's why she has that one. To keep her damn dirty hands off of mine. That's my toy...... Mine......

I'm going to take her to the range with a truck load of my stuff and leave you home next time I go . By the time I am done she will want to go gun shopping . I'll fix her for you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom