• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    I bought this one stock because I got a good deal on it but had no real use for it but recently I decided I wanted a light hunting setup. I used to only have long barreled 10/22's but have took a liking to the shorter barrels lately. This was built out of odd parts I had from other builds except the barrel a bought for the build.

Ruger Receiver and TG
    CPC Worked Bolt
    VQ extractor
    Power custom Hammer
    VQ bolt release
    RT bolt buffer
    GM 16.5 fluted SS Barrel
    Leupold VX-1 3-9X40 Scope

HPIM2767.jpg

HPIM2769.jpg

HPIM2768.jpg

This 10/22 used to have a 20 GM Sporter Barrel on her but the stock was opened up for a heavy taper barrel when I bought it.

Ruger Receiver and TG Graphite Black Cerakote by Hoosier Gun Coat
    Kidd Bolt
    VQ Buffer, Release, and Hammer
    GM 17" Heavy Taper Barrel SS
    Leupold 3-9X33 VX-II EFR

HPIM2770.jpg

HPIM2773.jpg

HPIM2772.jpg

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Those are beautiful Ed!

Trying to figure out what to do with my next 10/22 build or just build the same one I have now. (I really like it.) ;)

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Great looking rifles . How are the GM barrels Ive heard good and bad but that was just reviews , never talked to anyone that has one though .

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    Great looking rifles . How are the GM barrels Ive heard good and bad but that was just reviews , never talked to anyone that has one though .

I have only had one previous to these 2 and it shot great very accurate with most ammo and for the money you can beat them plus there are so many different models it is hard not to find one you would like. I just received these 2 today and hope to get to the range this weekend if the weather holds out if not I will have plenty if time next week to shot I work for the Government and we are all on vacation next week. :sad20:

Ed

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's

GM's are as accurate as you're going to get without shelling out some serious cash.:thumbsup:

More accurate than me. More accurate than my ammo. Can you tell I'm a fanboy?:D

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    GM's are as accurate as you're going to get without shelling out some serious cash.:thumbsup:

More accurate than me. More accurate than my ammo. Can you tell I'm a fanboy?:D

Im building my son 10/22 for his bday . He will be 10 april 21st was thinking either a GM or Tactical Solutions for light weight . The only thing i was concerned with the TS is the steel sleeve bore in aluminum the different expansion rates of the different metals . will it loosen up when it gets hot.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    I'm building my son 10/22 for his bday . He will be 10 April 21st was thinking either a GM or Tactical Solutions for light weight . The only thing i was concerned with the TS is the steel sleeve bore in aluminum the different expansion rates of the different metals . will it loosen up when it gets hot.

I have not personally owned a TS Barrel but have heard they are very good barrels and have never heard any problems with the Steel Sleeve inside the aluminum. I plan to build a 10/22 with a silencer and will be using a TS Barrel for the wight reduction and they can be bought with a threaded muzzle. Now if you Want something real accurate Get a VQ Carbon wrapped or a Kidd Aluminum Wrapped barrel they are both light and the best of the best when it comes to accuracy. The 16.5" fluted GM barrel I have in the top picture is a very light barrel and on the cheaper side.

Ed

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Nice edward! Maybe tomorrow ill by another one from walmart. I still have greenmountain barrel that needs a new receiver.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have not personally owned a TS Barrel but have heard they are very good barrels and have never heard any problems with the Steel Sleeve inside the aluminum. I plan to build a 10/22 with a silencer and will be using a TS Barrel for the wight reduction and they can be bought with a threaded muzzle. Now if you Want something real accurate Get a VQ Carbon wrapped or a Kidd Aluminum Wrapped barrel they are both light and the best of the best when it comes to accuracy. The 16.5" fluted GM barrel I have in the top picture is a very light barrel and on the cheaper side.

Ed

Those are sharp looking rifles, the stock on the second is nice. Do you have any
    suggestions on replacing trigger group? My 10/22's trigger isn't what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom