• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    So I just got a knock on the door and the wife answers it. 2 teens selling papers try to sell my wife on buying that rag. Eventually she says we dont have time for this. As she is shutting the door one of the darlings tells her to "eat it." I didnt hear it but she tells me about it so I hit the door, they are about 5 doors down, and I tell them to shut their effin mouths and get the f out of my neighborhood. They start to walk back to me so I leave the door open and walk back inside, put on my shoes and hulk up for some friday night action. I get back to the door and they are a block away and heading off into the distance.

Lil feral bastards need a dad in their lives to whip their asses a few 100 times and instill some respect in them. :mad54:

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Yup. The wife actually just barely opened the door this time. It seems like they come through here ever 2-3 months asking for more money. Either way too much crap has happened recently so I'm not letting anything slide. I tried to start up some kind of formal neighborhood watch but at this point I'm thinking an informal group of like minded individuals might be a better option.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Cripes next you'll be complaining that the little darlings just cleaned your windshield and keyed your car after you refused to pay. WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU!

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    "I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave.."

"I didn't pay them for the paper, I paid them to go away"

Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I had some guy knock on my door at about 1930-2000 a few nights ago, was in plain clothes, had a name tag that would take 30 seconds to make on the computer and a clipboard with a plain sheet of paper on it. When I answered the door I opened it wide so he would be sure to see me holding my crazy dog back in one hand and me adjusting my Glock on my hip with my other. As he went on about how he was from Constellation he kept looking down at my hip, then had the nerve to ask me if I was going to be home later, pretty ballsy in my mind considering it was already late. He walked away pretty quickly, and my wife thinks it's weird when I carry in the house lol.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    After living in our home for 15 years we decided to "harden" the house to slow and hopefully deter someone from just kicking in the front door. The first thing we did was install a security storm door. At least we can open the door without fear we'll get rushed! Plus we found it's nice to just leave the front door open in the nice weather.

Attachments

• Steel_Security_Storm_Doors.jpg
      Steel_Security_Storm_Doors.jpg
      10.2 KB · Views: 274
    Dec 31, 2012
    After living in our home for 15 years we decided to "harden" the house to slow and hopefully deter someone from just kicking in the front door. The first thing we did was install a security storm door. At least we can open the door without fear we'll get rushed! Plus we found it's nice to just leave the front door open in the nice weather.

THIS ^^^

I get door to door visitors several times weekly and often after dark this time of year. We answer the door but within reason. If they knock and step back(way back) they are fine but the storm door remains closed and locked. If they don't step back then we knock on the window and point them back. If they don't move then the door doesn't open.

These people are doing a job I don't want and you don't want.
    Yes it annoys me that they bother us, but reacting in overtly aggressive manners isn't needed. If you feel threatened then don't open the door. Post a no soliciting sign. If they come through the door well then that is another story.
    I carry in the house and have answered the door while carrying but not openly. I don't know if you are pushing the limits of brandishing by answering and bringing attention to your sidearm but I don't have the money to pay for that trial.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    2 suggestions:

1) take their picture in case there is an issue at a later point in time

2) keep pepper spray close by, use at your discretion

7A38

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I would have deployed a flash bang on the sorry bastards. Had my wife take up her sniper position on the roof and provide overwatch. Assholes pedaling those newspapers need to pay!

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    yes,that is a burglar trick....knock on the door and walk around the house. They are casing the house and if caught will say they are trying to sell stuff and did not want you to miss this "great deal".......seen it before and even called the police.get pictures and tag numbers...give to police...make sure they make up a report.

nicktide

Oct 23, 2012
    I enjoy small town life. The few people that do come door to door wouldnt dream of telling someone to, "eat it." I have had two problems in 9 years. One involved me saying, "come back here and say that" after which time he never thought better. The other time there was some petty theft happening in the neighborhood and two would be theives were got peppered with game shot. Lol. Never heard of anyone missing anything after that. It has been about 5 years.

My house has been empty due to a fire for over a year and nothing is missing... in fact, someone illegally dumped scrap metal in my dumpster... got over $100 for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom