• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thank you to everyone who joined us with this tiny, inaugural venture! Y'all were great! An hour is just nothing at the range with what we want to do.
    Hopefully everyone got a smidge of some good stuff. I just wanted to shoot all night.
    More to come!

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Thank you to everyone who joined us with this tiny, inaugural venture! Y'all were great! An hour is just nothing at the range with what we want to do.
    Hopefully everyone got a smidge of some good stuff. I just wanted to shoot all night.
    More to come!
    Thank you and Gun Commander.

I am looking forward to the next class. I hope my schedule allows me to be there.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    An hour is just nothing at the range with what we want to do.

True.

However, you gentlemen did a good job of using that hour in an effective and productive fashion.

You had a group of individuals with varied and unknown skill levels, for whom a baseline assessment needed to be taken.

With the remaining time, y'all were able to convey the necessary information and run us through a combination of static and dynamic drills. Additionally, the two of you spent portions of the hour fielding student questions and helping to diagnose/address equipment issues.

All the above was done while maintaining focus on a safe range environment and ensuring student safety.

As a result, all of us left the facility without any extra holes and I believe that everyone walked away with something new.

So, kudos to both @Blaster229 and @Gun Commander for a successful session.

Thank you gents for the opportunity, and I'm really looking forward to your next batch of classes!

I just wanted to shoot all night.
    Same here.
    :)

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Great time practicing these new skills! Thanks Mike and Miguel!

Blaster229 took a few shots on my P229 to verify its short reset trigger function. All was good. I don’t want to wash it off now.

Hey folks we’re now the ‘OG’ squad!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Great time practicing these new skills! Thanks Mike and Miguel!

Blaster229 took a few shots on my P229 to verify its short reset trigger function. All was good. I don’t want to wash it off now.

Hey folks we’re now the ‘OG’ squad!
    Yeah I need to get another one.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Great class. A lot was learned in a short time. Couldn’t have asked for more except more time shooting. Hopefully I can make the next (several) classes.

Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    More to come!

Echoing what Mike said; thank you all for coming out and trusting us with your firearms education. We appreciate your willingness to try new techniques, as well as your patience so we can run a safe range. This is just the beginning folks! Much more where that came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Thanks for putting this on! It was good meeting everyone. I had a great time.

I plan to attend more of these sessions once they are offered.

A couple of drills we practiced will allow me to make better use of my time next time I go to the range.

Exercising my new carry setup through some use has increased my confidence.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    We're working up another for Feb. Figuring it out now. Most likely longer outdoor range time.
    You have a Feb class posted up. Sounds like it's a reprise of the one we took?

Looking forward to the next class!

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I'm just gonna comment too get notifications off next range time. Been a looong time since I did carry contact shooting drills, most ranges dont allow it so itll be good

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm just gonna comment too get notifications off next range time. Been a looong time since I did carry contact shooting drills, most ranges dont allow it so itll be good
    Well when I say contact, 1 yard or so bent elbow retention shots. Just to give those who never have, a feel of that muzzle pressure.
    Gearing these short classes for those with little experience, a little familiarization and to take home some static range drills they can work on themselves when at a range.
    It's fun.
    We'll have longer classes eventually with different subjects.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Well when I say contact, 1 yard or so bent elbow retention shots. Just to give those who never have, a feel of that muzzle pressure.
    Gearing these short classes for those with little experience, a little familiarization and to take home some static range drills they can work on themselves when at a range.
    It's fun.
    Yea figured what you meant, we did it waaaay back in "gunfighter" school (USMC- Security Forces and CQB School)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's fun.
    I tried a few shots the other day from high ready(about the only un-aimed shot I can get away with at my range) with a gun with a brake. It was very spicy! I did manage all torso hits with most inside a piece of computer paper at 8yds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom