• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    I have to admit, the surreality of the BBTOH arriving and delivering was just as intense as advertised. Interestingly, the delivery guy (must've been the end of his run at 7pm) didn't bother checking my ID. But as quickly as could be done without arousing suspicion in my SO, I tore open the package to find my 4/79, #s matching (except mags), Walther P1.

My only beef (not sure it's warranted, since I still haven't had an hour to clean it properly) is that there appears to be some surface rust/gunk in the grooves on the rear of the slide. The bore seems (to the newbie) rather clean and sharp - if anything, maybe in need of a scrub. P1-1979 005.jpg

P1-1979 006.jpg

P1-1979 009.jpg

P1-1979 014.jpg

Whaddya think?

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    There's a little rattle on a part below and to the right of the firing pin. Is this the extractor? Should it be loose enough to rattle?

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    There's a little rattle on a part below and to the right of the firing pin. Is this the extractor? Should it be loose enough to rattle?

It sounds like the extractor. Does it have a lot of play if you move it by hand? IIRC, the extractor is held in place by a notch and some spring tension. The springs could be worn out or the extractor might not be properly seated. FWIW, I ordered a service pack from Wolff Springs for mine. I like the peace of mind from knowing I have good springs. I have no rattle on my P1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom