• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Anyone have one of these? I’ve never shot it. I bought it with my C&R license, when I had one, and never got around to shooting it. It’s been sitting in my safe, ever since. Are they worth holding onto? This one seems to be in beautiful shape, for being 52 years old. Almost looks like it’s never been shot.
    IMG_3653.jpeg
    IMG_3654.jpeg

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I would hold onto that one if it was in my safe. Will only go up in value, especially with that high level of finish. Probably the nicest Super B I've seen.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Not sure of the super B but it they are anything like the "b", don't dry fire it. The Star b has a tendency to break firing pins when dry fired.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Looks like a very nice one. A friend of mine bought one a few months ago and it broke after one magazine through it. Broken firing pin. Parts for the Star B can be difficult to find depending on the version/vintage. He was lucky to find the correct firing pin for his. Runs great now.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have one, they are good shooters. As above, the only drawback is they are a little uncommon and there aren't a whole lot of spare parts for them. As long as you don't get unlucky, wear it out or abuse it, it should be a useful keeper.

Jul 1, 2012
    Don't those benefit from a spacer in the back of the magazine to increase reliability?

They were chambered for 9x23mm Largo.
    The Model B series are 9x19 Parabellum. The Model A and just plain "Modelo Super" are the Largo chambering. Star did use a spacer in the magazine at first for the 9x19 but quickly dropped that and went to longer feed lips. So a Model A and Model B magazine look almost identical but the feed lips are a wee bit different. Not sure about the Super "A" and the Super B mags, which are different than the original A and B.

One thing to watch out for with the Super series is the takedown latch. It's really weak and the lever on the right side can break off - don't pry on it. Finding another one is pretty much impossible unless someone (JackFirst maybe?) has reproduced them recently.

DSCN2470.jpg

from guns.com, (Photo: Francis Borek)

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    Cool... Q1 is the 1972 date code so that works out. I think the number on right side of frame and slide (45xxx) is a military property/rack number. The long number on left of frame is the actual S/N. IMHO PW ARMS wins the prize for the all-around worst import marks - at least this one is a clean, nicely-aligned rollmark/stamp and not one of their horrid dot-prick drunk monkey versions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom