• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    pix2389718859.jpg

Just picked one up for 115 dollars with 4 magazines, sling and in pretty good shape (stock has some paint markings on the rear side, but overall the gun is about 90%)

It is a GREAT little bolt gun. The trigger takes some getting used to, but its a rudimentary 2 stage trigger, great feel once you get the hang of it. The sights are phenomenal and very simple to acquire. The bolt action is very smooth and feeds great.

Gun has some heft for a .22, but its not a bad thing, its well built very heavy barrel and fires very smoothly due to the weight.

Compared to a .22 bolt rifle that is a couple hundred dollars more, this gun is way nicer to shoot and has better accuracy.

I plan on gun coating the metal parts, and refinishing the stock to 100%. I will be placing a 3-9 variable power scope on it as the rifle does have a scope rail on it (and a turned down bolt) I am also having the front sight moved back and the barrel threaded 1/2-28 for my suppressor. Although the gun is Very quiet due to the 23" barrel.

If you are in the market for a nice .22 plinker that is very accurate and a joy to shoot, i would highly recommend one of these fine guns. Cheap, accurate and hard to beat!

SoMDGuy

Threadkiller Supreme
    Apr 26, 2008
    I have one of these, it's what my daughter will be learning riflery on this spring. I have a set of the clamp-on scope rings that fit that funky rail, somewhere, but she gets to learn iron sights first.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    U know what? im not sure of it being C&R..... i didn't bother to look, even though i have mine. I figure since its a .22lr, its not.

I got it on gunbroker after classic arms sold out. I actually got a better looking rifle and better deal thru gunbroker. 4 mags and a sling! once i'm done refinishing it, its gonna look beautiful!

Look around the net, they are floating around out there. These guns have been selling for under 100 bux for the longest time. I honestly can say that even if the price was higher, i'd still get one. Like i said, its a well built and accurate rifle. The cheapest new bolt action i could find was over 180 dollars and it was just a flimsy pile of crap.

If you could find a trainer under 200 dollars, snatch it up. Great little gun, worthless for collectible value, but just a really nice shooter.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I have one as well. I picked it up several years ago for $69 from Century in excellent conditon with a $25 transfer fee. They are not C&R. I've been looking for another one for years now but the transfer fees are so high its not been worth it.
    This rifle is very accurate and even shoots the Aquila SSS well. As mentioned above, the rings for these can be difficult to fit. I have understood that the rifles had a change in the top groove size during their production run. This will make it even more fun to fit rings. SOG used to carry rings made specifically for this rifle. Good luck.
    There is also a heavy barrel single shot model that the Romanians producted during the early '50s. These can be fun as well.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    I have one too...very very accurate for the price paid.

I paid $80 for mine from a gunshop called Clark Brothers in virginia about 4 or 5 years ago. I had read about them on the c&r forums(but they are not c&r)....Crappy 2 stage trigger, and i'd much rather spend more money and get a cz or a savage with accutrigger..But if you find the ammo it likes, an M69 will shoot 1/2 in. groups at 50 yars..You can get mags for em but theyre 14.95 plus shipping and limited quantities available...

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    Crappy 2 stage trigger, and i'd much rather spend more money and get a cz or a savage with accutrigger..

i've shot plenty of bolt .22 rifles and honestly the trigger is not bad at all.. its a rudimentary 2 stage, not a target rifle for sure. I like the trigger MUCH more on this gun then most other guns i own. Its perfect for a bolt gun, it would be absolutely terrible on a semi auto. I like how it has a lot of room in the beginning, but once you get to your second stage its as crisp as can be. i think its a very smooth shooter.

It's probably the most accurate .22lr that i've shot, but i also haven't spent much time firing match target rifles.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    CPR on an old thread - ordered an M69 after stumbling on one while surfing some go-to sites I've neglectd the last few months. Advertised as "excellent" condition with near-new bores. Will post pics and layman's review after pickup from MDS IP.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    CPR on an old thread - ordered an M69 after stumbling on one while surfing some go-to sites I've neglectd the last few months. Advertised as "excellent" condition with near-new bores. Will post pics and layman's review after pickup from MDS IP.

wow i'd have just started a new thread!
    looking forward to your review when you get it.:)

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Picked it up today at Mid County Gunshop - Thanks Mike!

Barring any schedule changes, will take it out to DSA on Friday.

Attachments

• Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (1).JPG
      Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (1).JPG
      65.2 KB · Views: 401
    • Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (2).JPG
      Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (2).JPG
      85.6 KB · Views: 416
    • Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (3).JPG
      Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (3).JPG
      48.8 KB · Views: 436
    • Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (4).JPG
      Romanian M69 22lr Training Rifle (4).JPG
      66.9 KB · Views: 463

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    M1969

Got it out to DSA this morning and am very glad that I picked this up! The M1969 is a fun little .22 and more accurate than I can make it. Used bulk Remington ammo and crude bench rest but was happy with the results. The first pic is 25 yards and the 2nd pic is 50 yards (the 3rd pic is for reference). The trigger has a long "initial" pull but breaks cleanly at the "second stage" - if that makes since (just getting back into recreational shooting after MANY years off, so this is Noob-speak feedback!). The bolt feels like a mini-91/30 in a strange sense and is easy to cycle. The original magazine had minimal wear and the 2 additional mags marked as "Taiwan" fit very well. Overall, this is a fun little gun to spend an afternoon with. Hopefully will get it out again next Monday and/or Tuesday to get to know it better.

...and Chevellenut71 was correct on the cosmoline. Took over an hour with diesel and Ballistol to get it out of the receiver, bolt and trigger assembly.

BTW - Presbyopia blows for iron sight shooting! :D

Attachments

• P1020164.JPG
      P1020164.JPG
      47.7 KB · Views: 335
    • P1020167.JPG
      P1020167.JPG
      47.8 KB · Views: 329
    • P1020172.JPG
      P1020172.JPG
      61.8 KB · Views: 336
    • P1020166.JPG
      P1020166.JPG
      81.2 KB · Views: 328
    Last edited:

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    If anyone is interested, i have two of these in stock. They are not as nice as the one above, and do not have any accessories. They do have the end of the barrel's threaded, so you can add a suppressor or a flash hider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom