• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    The Steyer made Chileans are at the height of military rifle making practice. When you remove the barreled action from the stock and look at the inletting think about what it would cost to duplicate that today. The in-letting on popular American weapons of the same era looks like a rough hewn log compared to them. Of course speed of manufacture was primarily not the concern at the time but they are fit better than a lot of custom offerings of today, the workmanship is amazing for mass produced arms and the pride of workmanship is evident from the Austrian factory.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Inked069_LI.jpg Steyer Wood to metal, the real beauty is on the underside of the exterior.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Looks like everyone is finishing up their 1916s.

The cleaning rod arrived from APEX Gun Parts, but it doesn't lock into the rod cutout. Makes the rifle look more complete though.

And that new extractor really slings the brass. Good little gun.

The one I got from SAMCO came with a cleaning rod. It did "click" into place, but it still always walked out when I shot it. Along with both barrel bands :)

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Nice rifle, mine is missing the lower sling and swivel. I bought it years ago at the antique store that was across from the airport in Easton on 50 to build into a sporter. After looking it over and shooting it I couldn't bring myself to do it, so I tried to sell it recently to make the demons go away but nobody has ever seem to have had any interest in it. It's the last Mauser left from when I sold a bunch of stuff off. I have a tall sight blank for it to adjust POI but never fitted it. 072.jpg

Last edited:

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Nice rifle, mine is missing the lower sling and swivel. I bought it years ago at the antique store that was across from the airport in Easton on 50 to build into a sporter. After looking it over and shooting it I couldn't bring myself to do it, so I tried to sell it recently to make the demons go away but nobody has ever seem to have had any interest in it. It's the last Mauser left from when I sold a bunch of stuff off. I have a tall sight blank for it to adjust POI but never fitted it. View attachment 204512

I might be interested depending on the rifle's details and how bad you wanna sell it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom