• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I'm afraid if I bring it to Dr. Bob or John Carduner, they'll yell a lot and maybe hit me
    JerryLewis.jpg

I've been trying to get the leaf spring, grip safety, hammer spring housing, and thumb safety back in place. I think I have the leaf spring installed correctly, but when I put the grip safety in place and push the pin through the frame, the safety goes all the way down and won't protrude. Aligning the hammer strut in the groove and shoving the hammer spring housing in place doesn't help.

Does anyone have a detailed description of how to do this, or even better, something online with clear pics? I should have gotten a book first, but it didn't look that complicated... yes, I know, "famous last words"...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Seems as if the left leaf of the sear spring is in front of (under) the sear leg. Recheck that first. Sources listed are good. I would steer clear of some of the gunsmithing YouTube clips, though.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Thanks all for the help. Nothing just dropped into place like in the video, it took a lot of pushing and twisting, and in one case a few ergs from a small hammer. But it's all together now and seems to be operational.

Seems as if the left leaf of the sear spring is in front of (under) the sear leg. Recheck that first.

That was in fact the second thing I found that I'd done wrong. The first was not removing the slide - once I did that, things went a bit easier.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Thanks all for the help. Nothing just dropped into place like in the video, it took a lot of pushing and twisting, and in one case a few ergs from a small hammer. But it's all together now and seems to be operational.

Nothing EVER just drops into place for me either. Believe it or not You Tube has a wealth of information ready and willing to help with just about anything.

I think for your effort and willingness to express your failings to everyone on this forum you deserve:

A GOLD MEDAL !!!:bowdown:

oh, good job too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom