• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFD

Nov 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    These are 2 of my rifles that I am slowely converting back to the way they use to be before they were sporterized. 1903 Springfield 125xxxx serial series 1922,Have had it for 18 yrs sitting in closet only taken out once in a while to oil up. Got it from a guy in Harford county that hunted with it in it's previous form, finally found a good cheap stock at York show for $95.Waiting on misc bands and rear sight from Sarco. The other is Enfield No4 Mk 2 .I bought this new from Shooters Discount in 1997 new unissued for $99. I converted it to hunt with since it shot 1MOA or better with the scope,(wish I had kept the old furniture and hardware :sad20:) I am in process of rounding up parts for this one now.Looking for a stock now for it have most of other hardware for it. Will take pics of enfield progress as it goes if anyone interested Thanks for lookin.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      56.9 KB · Views: 99
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      59.5 KB · Views: 98
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      71.3 KB · Views: 98
    • 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      54.5 KB · Views: 94
    • 026.JPG
      026.JPG
      71.7 KB · Views: 102
    • 027.JPG
      027.JPG
      56.5 KB · Views: 96

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have the lower band? the one at the front for that has the bayo lug for a 1903. Is that one of the one you ordered or still need?

Nice job working to restore them. Good for you glad to see two old war horses coming back!

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Putting bubba'd rifles back in their original config is noble. I've done it many a time. You have "before" pics. Take some during the process. They'll be fun to see.

Sarco and Numrich are good part sources. For the Enfield, reach out to Springfield Sporters. Russell has helped me with parts and tips more times than I can count.

Good luck. The war horses deserve it. :thumbsup:

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I have a 03 rear assembly sight laying around here somewhere if you need it . Let me know and Ill start digging around , we can work something out . I can't remember what variation it is off the top of my head .

RFD

Nov 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    Thanks, ALL .Already have needed parts coming from Sarco to complete rifle.Wish I had some before pics of 1903 but never took any. It was almost exactly like the enfield just a cut down wooden stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom