Votes: 1 4.8%
    • You're an idoit.... (Other)

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Looking to set up my 15-22 with a scope. I don't know much at all about optics, pretty much just bought cheapo jobbers over the years (Simmons).

Trying to find something fairly compact and not approaching 50% of the value of the entire gun. (less than $200 preferred).

If you don't like my initial options feel free to post up what have/like.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Last edited:

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    With my 15-22 I'm planning on outfitting it with a Nikon p-22 2-7x32 scope with bdc out to 150yards. The scope itself values around $200. Then another $50 or so for the p-series scope mounts. This is more then What your looking to spend but I believe this is a great option for the 15-22. 2 power for close range shooting. Then 7 power for those 100-150 yard plinks. And you can't beat nikon quality. I love nikon scopes.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Vortex is the obvious choice in your list. The other is the PA micro dot, if/when it's in stock.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I have a 15-22 as well and sold my red dot to put some magnification on it. For plinking its just more fun for me to have some magnification, plus it doubles as a solild hunting choice.

I would go with the nikon p22 or the nikon prostaff 3-9x. Put it in a primar arms mount for $25 and youll be under $200. They are great optics at reasonable prices. The ones you listed will be serviceable, but if you do it right the first time you won't have to sell and upgrade later. It is worth it, trust me!

Let us know what you get!

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    I agree with the other two posters,the Nikon P-22 is an awesome scope for the 15-22. I have the 2x7x32 with the Nikoplex reticle and the extra turrets and the Nikon P series AR scope mounts.

I went with the Nikoplex reticle because I also have the ProStaff Rimfire 3x9x40 with the BDC 150 reticle on a different rifle and wanted to try something different. I'm very happy with both scopes,Nikon makes a great product.

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Yeah I think magnification is a must especially if you are stretching it out to 100yrds. I have a red dot on my S&W 22a pistol and I'm good for about 50yrds after that its kinda point and shoot and hope it hits where you're trying to aim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom