• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Our buddy Frosch jumped to the microphone and praised MOMs decisive investigation.

No investigation should have been needed in the first place. O'Malley should have had a process in place to hire QUALIFIED correctional officers and not just any bimbos off the street with a heartbeat.

This entire thing makes me sick. Couple that with SB281 and O'Malley is a real winner. But hey, the Ravens won the Super Bowl so things are great in Maryland.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    "A spokesman said late Tuesday that all of the officers have been suspended without pay and that the department will recommend that they be fired." You'd think they would be under arrest.

I'm pretty sure they will be arrested once the investigations are complete. Even having consensual sex with a prisoner is statutory rape under Maryland law and it also violates the federal PREA law.

The big problem is that MD corrections officers are not sworn or screened like sworn LE.

Their academy is several weeks long as opposed to 6 months for LE. They aren't polygraphed either. That would weed out a lot of the bad apples.

One of my friends is a CO and he says that they have to frisk each other for contraband before entering the secure area before their shifts. I couldn't imagine police officers frisking each other before entering the holding cell area. That's just crazy that they have to do that.

Corrections on the State level has been a mess for decades. No one wants to spend money on new prisons, more training or paying a decent enough wage to attract quality applicants. I've worked as a CO for 17 years on the county level and there is no way in hell I would set foot in a state prison. Officers are working tiers with a 150-200 to 1 ratio. The prisons in western Maryland and Eastern Shore are run as well as can be expected with what they have, but the prisons in Jessup and Baltimore are a nightmare.

If there was a $100 million dollar surplus to spend on updating prisons or new schools, which one do you think would get it?

The House of Corrections aka "The Cut" was 127 years old before they finally shut it down due to all the bloodshed. The MD Penitentiary, now known as the Metropolitan Transition Center, has been around since 1811.

The whole thing is a giant cluster**** and shameful.

EDIT: Doing away with the death penalty screwed correctional officers beyond belief. You have a guy serving a life sentence and there is nothing left for him to lose now. Oh noes. I'm gonna get another life sentence for killing an officer.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I find it more interesting that the State is stuck funding and running CBIF instead of Baltimore City.

To my knowledge Baltimore County pays for their detention center as does the other counties...or atleast they enter a contract to use someone else's.

Baltimore City....we all pay to run apparently.

Scam.

Anyone who has ever been in CBIF knows it's a zoo. You cant tell who's an inmate and who's a guard. I guess when you see your cousins, friends, and parents enter in on your watch some favors get paid.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Let me see if I have this straight:
    1. Gang kids get busted & get sent to jail.
    2. Has sex with the guards who smuggle your phone & drugs etc...
    3. Any kids created at step 2 will likely grow up on welfare and will join a gang just like dear old dad.
    4. Go to 1.
    Or am I missing something?

Retirement pay for the guards who don't get caught. This is not the only prison in Maryland where this is happening.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm pretty sure they will be arrested once the investigations are complete. Even having consensual sex with a prisoner is statutory rape under Maryland law and it also violates the federal PREA law.

Isn't that what plea bargaining is all about?

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Retirement pay for the guards who don't get caught. This is not the only prison in Maryland where this is happening.

Recent news of the same thing happening in New Orleans prisons. I would bet it is a nationwide problem. Makes you wonder how worse it would get when you privatize prisons.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    Recent news of the same thing happening in New Orleans prisons. I would bet it is a nationwide problem. Makes you wonder how worse it would get when you privatize prisons.

It is a national problem. And while I think private prisoners are a horrible idea, it is easier to fire worthless employees. It takes me forever to get rid of my problem union children.

chupacabra

Dec 21, 2012
    public service unions. corrupt officials. We need more government to correct all of these government created problems.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    THIS is why may-issue public carry is unconstitutional. The very people you need protection from have discretion over whether you can fight back? How about a witness against official corruption? You are supposed to cower in your home and not go to the store? Its not just the criminals, its when the police ARE the criminals.

CO's are NOT police. be careful with your comments! Plus this is a shame not fairly placed on the CO's who are honest and hard working that guard the scum of this earth on a daily basis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom