$125 Yugo Tokarevs. Grab em up! Go Go Go!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    I got 400 rds of Bulgarian surplus from clearviewinvest.com. Stamped 53; there are rumours of problems with 52 but shouldn't be a problem I hope.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Finally got my hands on mine today. Wideners has outdone themselves again. They said the numbers will not match, but this one is 100% matching. The bluing is faded in some spots but there was no pitting at all and the bore is bright and spotless. The only rust I found was under the grips so I scraped that off and oiled it up. Should be a great shooter.
    i5L8IYB.jpg

e1fIq6g.jpg

TAHrKWg.jpg

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Cleaned up my pair. Great barrels. No pitting. Some dings and bluing loss. However one has a rusty weak recoil spring. I'll need to fix that one, if I can find the parts. I think the other is ready to tryout if I can find time to sneak up to AGC tomorrow.
    8mmy.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was amazed to learn that the higher capacity Yugo mags fit my Romanian Tok. Would it be safe to shoot like that? I probably should have known this, but im not a raging fan of Toks.

Also, the bore in my minty Romanian is not near as nice as I thought it would be, and that thing is very accurate. I'm even happier with my $99 Yugo one after seeing that.:party29:

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Bores in both mine may be shootable, but they both have a good amount of pitting. The one that is pitted all over the frame and slide is matching, the other is not. I may be the only one, but both mine seem to fit their description.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I got to the range today. It when bang and not boom. That made me happy.

It has a special feature that helps save ammo. Everytime it fired, the mag dropped and failed to chamber the next round. It's either some kind of commie safety feature or I have an issue.

I only cleaned up one of the two mags, so I don't know if it's a mag issue or the mag catch is faulty.

Anybody else have an issue like this?

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    I got to the range today. It when bang and not boom. That made me happy.

It has a special feature that helps save ammo. Everytime it fired, the mag dropped and failed to chamber the next round. It's either some kind of commie safety feature or I have an issue.

I only cleaned up one of the two mags, so I don't know if it's a mag issue or the mag catch is faulty.

Anybody else have an issue like this?

Same issue. Pretty sure the mags are crap. Tried one of my old mags (not the ones that came with the $99er) in the new M57 and everything worked fine. Tried the new mags in my old M57 and they didn't work there, either.

I think the notch might be slightly in the wrong spot.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Same issue. Pretty sure the mags are crap. Tried one of my old mags (not the ones that came with the $99er) in the new M57 and everything worked fine. Tried the new mags in my old M57 and they didn't work there, either.

I think the notch might be slightly in the wrong spot.

I was looking at the notch and it looks like somebody just jamed it onto a grinder. The top part of the notch looked a bit pushed in so I pryied it out some, made a difference. Before I could rack the slide and it would drop. Now I can rack the slide and dry fire it and it stays put. Lindey won't let me test fire it in the house.

I'm betting your mag catch still has Cosmo in it.

Checked that and it looks pretty clean. I'll double check to make sure. I think the cut in the mag is messed up.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just stripped mine down to the frame. I was moving the mag around and noticed there is about .03" movement front to back. If I move the mag forward (to the front of the frame) it holds just fine. If I slide it to the back of the frame it will let go. I'm thinking these mags might be too short front to back.

Does anybody have an older working mag they can measure? Needs to be fairly precise.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I took my Good Tok to the range yesterday and ran a box of hollow points through it without any misfires or jams. Other then shooting low by about 3 inches at 50 foot distance, it worked great.

However before I went to the range I had to doctor up the mags a little. When cycling rounds through by hand there was a tendency for cartridges to nose down and wedge below the feed ramp. I found the cause to be rough metal inside the lips on top of the magazine. I polished down the rough edges with a file and some 600 paper. Then everything started to work smoothly. Pleasantly surprised that it digested the hollow points so well. No problems with retaining the mags.

I found another issue with my Bad Tok. Part of the hammer that guides the hammer spring is missing and occasionally the spring pops out of place. Looks like I'll need a new hammer for this one in addition to the recoil spring. I found a replacement hammer on the internet but it's from some other nationality's Tokerov. Any one know if the hammer will interchange between the different nationality's gun's?

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    I just stripped mine down to the frame. I was moving the mag around and noticed there is about .03" movement front to back. If I move the mag forward (to the front of the frame) it holds just fine. If I slide it to the back of the frame it will let go. I'm thinking these mags might be too short front to back.

Does anybody have an older working mag they can measure? Needs to be fairly precise.

Visually, the angle of the diagonal cut of the notch on the new mags is far shallower than the notch on my old mags.

According to my micrometer, the top of the notch on the new mag is .04" shorter than the one on the old mags...measured from the middle of the notch to the top of the mag. That part of the mag is angled, but I'm pretty sure I measured to the same spot on each.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Here's my $99 Yugo Tok from Widener's. All matching; lightly buffed off some surface rust on the slide and barrel, and scrubbed out the bore. The bore has some minor pitting, so my dream of using it as a competition piece is down the tubes, otherwise it functions fine. Originally was going to be a parts gun, but I think this will be a nice shooter.

Attachments

• Yugo Tok #2-3.jpg
      Yugo Tok #2-3.jpg
      71.9 KB · Views: 88
    • Yugo Tok #2-2.jpg
      Yugo Tok #2-2.jpg
      84.2 KB · Views: 86
    • Yugo Tok #2-1.jpg
      Yugo Tok #2-1.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 86

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Here's my $99 Yugo Tok from Widener's. All matching; lightly buffed off some surface rust on the slide and barrel, and scrubbed out the bore. The bore has some minor pitting, so my dream of using it as a competition piece is down the tubes, otherwise it functions fine. Originally was going to be a parts gun, but I think this will be a nice shooter.

Do the supplied mags work?

Also, looks nice! :cool:

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Took my $99 Tok down to the white and did a cold blue job on it. First time I've attempted such and I'm quite happy with the results...took 4 coats before it got to the same deepness as before. Couldn't sand out the really deep rust pits so def not showpiece. Barrel is pitted too but hoping it won't affect accuracy too much, hoping it will be a decent shooter in my collection with some history scars. And now I can feel comfortable if I ever need to reblue a gun that cost me more than $99! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom