• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    You are against my getting my daughter her own rifle? You can get the M&P-22 in pink camo. Perfect for teaching her marksmanship, and more importantly, safety. She has been shooting before, and enjoys it. She is a good shot. Since there are firearms in the house I have exposed my children to them whenever possible. I have never missed an opportunity to give a safety lesson. Treat every gun as though it is loaded, muzzle always in a safe direction, finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. They know the rules. They are very unimpressed by guns being around. It is a fact of life. This is something I really enjoy, and allowing my kids to be part of it gives us time together. They will cherish these memories when they are older.

Please tell me how all of that is a problem? Children are never too young to be taught gun safety. Do you think I am going to let her keep it in her room with a loaded magazine, or let her carry it around the neighborhood? Stop thinking like a liberal.

"Obviously, you are not a golfer."

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    My 8 year old doesn't stay home alone, but has been taught what to do as a last resort to protect himself or others during a home invasion. He can shoot a tight group at 100 yards w/ iron sights on his Savage Rascal .22 so close encounters are no big deal We continually go over the emergency plans in the event someone tries to break in and what to do with elevated adrenalin levels to calm your nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom