• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodba

Mar 13, 2018
    Detachable magazines.

FFLs MAY purchase and receive larger than 10 round magazines from out of state vendors, as well as purchase firearms with more than 10 round detachable magazines from out of state vendors, provided they do not resell them in Md. Before reselling a pistol it must have a magazine that only holds 10 rounds. The reason for this is to allow FFLs to resell magazines on auction sites or from their own website to out of state persons where they are legal.

Jk2013

Apr 26, 2016
    Off topic question and yes I’m a newer member which read a lot and don’t comment often. How is it that a Springfield saint rifle is banned but the pistol version is not?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Off topic question and yes I’m a newer member which read a lot and don’t comment often. How is it that a Springfield saint rifle is banned but the pistol version is not?

It’s not considered a copy of a banned weapon because it’s a pistol. Just like all of the AK pistols on the handgun roster are legal but their full size brothers are not. It’s stupid and makes no sense but that’s Maryland.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    you can even buy a 10 round mag and then the different spring to make it a 30 round mag. many times a 10 round mag just has a large piece of plastic in it and a shorter spring, limiting to 10 rounds. i purchased many 10 round mags, and springs removed that limiting piece of plastic to make it a 30 round from a gun store in Halethorpe. all in the mag and new spring was was like $17. saved me time from going all the way to PA or VA.
    Third shinebox candidate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    you can even buy a 10 round mag and then the different spring to make it a 30 round mag. many times a 10 round mag just has a large piece of plastic in it and a shorter spring, limiting to 10 rounds. i purchased many 10 round mags, and springs removed that limiting piece of plastic to make it a 30 round from a gun store in Halethorpe. all in the mag and new spring was was like $17. saved me time from going all the way to PA or VA.

Please go away.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    sportsman, and Vasili, sittting in a tree

Trolling all of MDS, full of glee

First comes warning

Then comes Hammer

Will they both reside in the perma-slammer?

Lol, best thing I’ve read all week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timtimmy

Jan 25, 2017
    It's really pretty simple. They passed this law and tell voters, "look what we did." When they did nothing. It's the same with M1A rifles. You can buy it in MD in 6.5 creedmoor, but not in .308. and they did back and tell voterd. "we are keeping this military rifle out of MD." And the uninformed but it and vote for them again and again.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Get it right

FFLs MAY purchase and receive larger than 10 round magazines from out of state vendors, as well as purchase firearms with more than 10 round detachable magazines from out of state vendors, provided they do not resell them in Md. Before reselling a pistol it must have a magazine that only holds 10 rounds. The reason for this is to allow FFLs to resell magazines on auction sites or from their own website to out of state persons where they are legal.

No, it can be sold or transfered with NO magazine. A 10 rounder isn't required.

AND - they can be sold to qualified LEO's as well as to other FFL's and out of state

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    What is a shinebox?

82608203-529E-4EE3-8325-0A2F8CB39A09.jpg

It’s not a shine box unless it’s a Billy Batts F@ckin’ Shine Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members