• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I can't be there tomorrow. I have a class in Towson for my job with the Corps of Engineers, you know so I can make more money. I have written emails many, many times along with letters. I even get friends who are not on this site to do the same since it only takes them a few minutes to do. I send my parents the links to the MSI and MDS MSI update pages and ask them to spread the word and help by writing emails and letters. Just because not all of us pop into every MSI update thread and respond "emails sent" doesn't mean they aren't doing it. I keep seeing in Water Cooler threads and in some of the MSI threads that people want to shut down the Water Cooler for tomorrow? This seems silly to me. The reason I see that those threads don't get many posts is because this is a common ground among all of us. We all want to see the anti-2A bills fail, and the pro-2A bills pass. The Water Cooler threads will get the attention because those topics are debatable among us as members. We are all pro-2A citizens. I will say though, shame on the members who DO NOT keep up with the MSI update threads. They are the organization fighting for our rights in this state and make it so simple to help.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Repost ...

Could you repost the links with names & e-mails of principal sponsors and opponents again so those of use who can't make it can write in ?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Have to work overtime tomarrow to feed my family. Family comes before guns. Sorry cant make it. So shame on me for not being able to go.

We would love if everyone could go, but we know that people have jobs and family obligations. There is no shame in that.

If you can't go, write a letter, send a fax, send an email, or make a phone call. They aren't going to vote on the bill tomorrow, just hear testimony on it. So you could even make an appointment to talk to your rep if they are on the committee.

There are tons of options for activism. The OP here is complaining about the people who will do NOTHING except armchair QB about it.

Hardhatman, it's more a matter of perception.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The sad thing is every email you send goes straight into the Deleted box. Delegates and Senators don't bother with it, they have an address for window dressing. Snail mail is how you get them to actually read what you want heard. The same goes to the shmucks sent to DC to "represent" you. A letter goes a long way.

Jim

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thanks ChannelCat.

The sad thing is every email you send goes straight into the Deleted box. Delegates and Senators don't bother with it, they have an address for window dressing. Snail mail is how you get them to actually read what you want heard. The same goes to the shmucks sent to DC to "represent" you. A letter goes a long way.

Jim

Not always true Jim. You'd be amazed how many of these guys will respond.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Jim

I agree that snail mail is usually better than email, but to throw out a blanket statement that emails are deleted without being read is flatly incorrect.

11Bravo

NRA Lifer
    Dec 10, 2009
    Arizona the land of the FREE
    Thanks, Had no idea this was an open meeting. I will be doing my best to rearrange my schedule to attend and bring some other interested folks from APG.

We need as many LEO and Military to back the citizens right now, More so LEO. Lets get moving on this guys.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Jim

Not at all remotely true. Those that delete emails are the same that ignore snail mail and phone calls. The opposite is also true.

What does uniformly get ignored are form letters and emails.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm taking a sub day. The jump rope for heart is next week and I'll have to stay late for a few days to make up the work, but this is important....not just the mag limit bil either.....there's other bad ones in there too. Tomorrow is a brady circle jerk legislatively.

11Bravo

NRA Lifer
    Dec 10, 2009
    Arizona the land of the FREE
    Synopsis:

Altering the maximum capacity for ammunition in a detachable magazine for a firearm that can be manufactured, sold, offered for sale, purchased, received, or transferred; and altering the number of rounds of ammunition in a magazine or an assault pistol which, when used by a person in the commission of a felony or crime of violence, results in that person being guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to specified penalties.

I may be wrong but I take this to only mean that, If a crime is committed with a firearm in excess of 10 rounds an additional misdemeanor applies. I dont see where it says a down right ban on mags over 10. Could someone straighten me out on this?

Seems to me that this in no way affects Mag capacity but places additional penalties for criminals that use any firearm that holds more than ten rounds.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Since Jan 21, thru to today, I have sent along 11 pieces of correspondence concerning
    Firearms bills working their way thru both the house and senate judiciary committees.
    The verbage went to the Gov.(single addr.), Speaker of the House, Senate President(combined), every member of both Committees (group), and to Sen. Frosh (single). I am sure I have echoed some sentiments of folks herein, along with my personal comments. I did it last year, the year before, etc, etc, ad infinitum, ad Nauseum.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    So which of the senators is the most likely to read my correspondence? My rep (Kasemeyer) is not on the committee. All or specific people?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom