• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Although i mostly shoot outdoors, I went to the NRA range this morning to sight in my 10/22 after installing a Tactical Solutions barrel. I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it was at 50 yards. I only shot CCI standard velocity and I must say I was happy with this group. 22 match ammo should tighten up this group. The 20 rounds I shot were all suppressed using a Silencerco Warlock II.

919C0FC4-B503-4825-B5DB-8FDD8C621032.jpeg

39C19353-0C3F-4A19-9C58-5A6511368449.jpeg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nice shooting Tex! I've heard good things about those TacSol barrels.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    They make great stuff. I have their 10/22 rifle in a Magpul stock. It's amazing right out of the box. I just changed the bolt release and set the eye relief on the scope.
    Also have their barrels on 2 Buckmarks

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I just picked this same rifle up off a member here. Need to get the real suppressor tho. Can’t wait to put some rounds thru it
    I think you’re going to love it.

Nice shooting Tex! I've heard good things about those TacSol barrels.
    Thanks brother. I’m really happy with it.
    What's your scope?
    It’s a Leupold VX-Freedom Rimfire 2-7x33

They make great stuff. I have their 10/22 rifle in a Magpul stock. It's amazing right out of the box. I just changed the bolt release and set the eye relief on the scope.
    Also have their barrels on 2 Buckmarks
    They really do. I’ve had 2 of their barrels in the past and I’ve always been happy with the quality and accuracy.

Thepreparer

Jan 31, 2023
    Fort Meade
    My next project will likely be a custom 10/22, I'm trying to decide between going full Kidd high end build or somewhere in between Kidd and factory. This type of information is very positive.

I like quality but I'm also practical...shooting thunderbolt out of a full Kidd build is kinda a waste of money.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Good stuff! I recently just purchased a TACSOL X-Ring, complete rifle. Man it's sweet. Mine is a shooter just like yours. I haven't stretched it out to 50 yet, but at 25 mine was printing the same type of groups. Like you, I shoot suppressed, and CCI SV is my ammo of choice.

Funny, back when I bought my Christensen Arms Ranger I tested about 20 different types of ammo through it to include some 50cent/round Elley match stuff. CCI SV was just as good as the expensive match. Plus it stays subsonic when shooting suppressed. Win-win.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    What is the barrel length? It looks 16" from the picture. I think the 18" and 20" can get you even better results if you really looking for accuracy.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I have heard great things about the Ruger Heavy target barrels and was leaning towards trying one. The price is very reasonable but they are pretty heavy. Guess it just depends on what you plan on using them for.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    What is the barrel length? It looks 16" from the picture. I think the 18" and 20" can get you even better results if you really looking for accuracy.
    The barrel is extremely light at 15oz. The barrel itself is only 12.375”. The permanently attached shroud brings it out to 16.5”. It keeps it short without making it an SBR, especially when running a suppressor. I wanted something short and light without giving up all the accuracy.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Good stuff! I recently just purchased a TACSOL X-Ring, complete rifle. Man it's sweet. Mine is a shooter just like yours. I haven't stretched it out to 50 yet, but at 25 mine was printing the same type of groups. Like you, I shoot suppressed, and CCI SV is my ammo of choice.

Funny, back when I bought my Christensen Arms Ranger I tested about 20 different types of ammo through it to include some 50cent/round Elley match stuff. CCI SV was just as good as the expensive match. Plus it stays subsonic when shooting suppressed. Win-win.
    I've pretty much switched to Norma tac 22 when shooting 50yds or less. It's about the same price as CCI SV but feeds better in the x-ring. Palmetto has a great sale on it now. About 6.5cpr.

Past 50yds I mostly shoot Eley Club. Mostly used for bolt guns but it cycles my x-ring. Great round and extremely accurate for the cost. I just picked up a case for 12cpr from Scheels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom