• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    Anyone know of 10/22 mags that are designed after an AR15 mag. For what im doing the drastic "banana" shape is not really what i want.

For example im looking for something like the photo below. This mag is for a AR .22lr conversion. I want that same design but to fit a ruger 10/22 anyone have any ideas.

It doesnt have to look like it fits a .223/5.56 round i just dont want the drastic banana (i know of the 50 round crank mags but im looking for an AR feel)

Attachments

• 1022mag.JPG
      1022mag.JPG
      10.8 KB · Views: 229

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    If you don't like the promag drum or standard 10/22 mags, then your best bet would be to take a standard mag and mock it up to look like what you want.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    thanks for digging that thing out for me man, 63 pages deep was far to go looking for my question, i appreciate it. Any idea if he posted up HOW he did it.. i went through another 20 pages and didn't see it just calls for how.

I have no clue but I thought it was pretty cool how he did it. Not sure if he used a 2x4....HOWEVER, he could have used a real .223 mag and fit the 10/22 mag by removing the spring and follower. Huh???? I think thats possible too

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I have no clue but I thought it was pretty cool how he did it. Not sure if he used a 2x4....HOWEVER, he could have used a real .223 mag and fit the 10/22 mag by removing the spring and follower. Huh???? I think thats possible too

yeah i know what you mean, thats what i was thinking.

Anyone have 20 & 30 round AR mags as well as some high cap mags for a 10/22? I dont have any high cap 10/22's and i'd like to see if someone could quickly eye up some mags laying them on top of each other to see which ones would likely fit.

Some of the drastic banana shaped 22 mags i know wont work, but im hoping i can find some straighter mags for the 10/22 kind alike the bones of the one in the photo above.

It'd be a great help. Anyone?

simplegreen

Professional Nerd

Hey 5point, i followed up with this guy. He created his by attaching a mag to a 10 round flush 10/22 mag very easy to do. He and I both agree'd that shoe horning a 20 rounder inside a AR mag would be hard considering the width of the 10/22 mag. Im at a loss for this one. I want the clean AR look but im not willing to stick with 10 rounders. He mentioned someone was coming out with a single stackmag for the 10/22 (fun gun? i have no idea who that is) maybe when that happens it will be easier to fit into an AR mag.

im at a brick wall.. anyone have suggestions?

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Hey 5point, i followed up with this guy. He created his by attaching a mag to a 10 round flush 10/22 mag very easy to do.

I've seen people who have epoxied a Ruger rotary mag to the top of a modified 20 or 30 round USGI mag.
    Another guy did the same to a 20 round pmag. :cool:

You still have a 10 round magazine, it just looks more like an AR than the skinny 'bananna' types.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I've seen people who have epoxied a Ruger rotary mag to the top of a modified 20 or 30 round USGI mag.
    Another guy did the same to a 20 round pmag. :cool:

You still have a 10 round magazine, it just looks more like an AR than the skinny 'bananna' types.

yeah thats exactly what this gentleman did, my desire is a hi cap mag inside of an AR mag. I think im SOL right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom