• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baltimorejake

Ladder Truck Wheelin Fool
    I have my very first 10-22 now the list of goodies for the liberty rifle build

1 Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co. .920 20'' flutted bull barrel

2 Hoge overmolded stock

3 a set of TRS200 Tech Sights with the .920 barrel dovetail adapter

4 A bolt buffer insert

5 a web G I sling

6 extended mag relese

7 Volquartsen edge extractor

8 auto bolt mod
    Now the dovetail adapter is fused to the barrel with medium strength lock tight has any one done this before?

I am going to the Apple seed shoot in january in Annapolis any one else going the weekend of the 8th?

Last edited:
    Jake

The bull barrel is overkill for appleseed but having said that I have installed the front sights before. The key for me was to level the rifle and then slide the base in place insuring that it was level to the receiver. I have 3 LTRs that i built for myself and have built 7 others. I consistently shoot rifleman with the standard barreled guns.

I'll likely see you there as I'm normally there for the first morning at each shoot.

BTW- get a volquartsen exact edge extractor. The 10/22 extractor is a POS.

00-Guy

Feb 15, 2008
    My LTR is fitted with the TSR200, the buffer, a Volquartsen target trigger upgrade, the extended mag release and of course the GI Sling. Built two, one for me and one for SWMBO.

I look forward to trying them out this weekend!

M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    I'm going this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to hit the target.

I made the following mods to my Walmart special 10/22.

1. 1.25" swivels and a GI sling
    2. Tech Sights TSR100
    3. Volquartsen Hammer
    4, Buffer
    5. Extended mag release
    6. Auto bolt release

I see what you mean about the factory extractor seems cheap. Hopefully the gun will perform well.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I have my very first 10-22 now the list of goodies for the liberty rifle build

2 Hoge overmolded stock

FWIW... The over-molded stock is notoriously inaccurate in a rifle going for score.

Take a look at the RT v-block stabilizer (which eliminates barrel droop), and also the RT bedding kit for your wood or composite stock (of you plan to stick with the Hoge).
    If you are really serious, ditch the bull barrel and get an RT Quantum barrel.
    It is much lighter and the tensioned barrel is as accurate as they come.

I have a custom made (by Skeeter) RT barrel en-route on my Zimmerman build that should shoot bug-holes at 50 yds.

You can't get much better than RT...
    http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ruger_10_22_s/3.htm

FWIW... The over-molded stock is notoriously inaccurate in a rifle going for score.

Take a look at the RT v-block stabilizer (which eliminates barrel droop), and also the RT bedding kit for your wood or composite stock (of you plan to stick with the Hoge).
    If you are really serious, ditch the bull barrel and get an RT Quantum barrel.
    It is much lighter and the tensioned barrel is as accurate as they come.

I have a custom made (by Skeeter) RT barrel en-route on my Zimmerman build that should shoot bug-holes at 50 yds.

You can't get much better than RT...
    http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/ruger_10_22_s/3.htm

ok. i shoot rifleman now with all 3 of my LTRs which are in hogues.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    20" SS G.M. .920 and Hogue stock. All else original equipment.

upgraded%201022.JPG

eley%20100.jpg

Grouped low with holdover. 1" group at 100 yds. 10th shot was aimed high just to put it in the bull.;)

Groups at 50 yards will touch. Any shorter distance is just a waste of ammo, as it all goes into the same hole with boring regularity.

This is with ELEY Match EPS ammo. Groups will open up with cheaper ammo.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    We saw a lot of issues with 10/22's this past weekend at Appleseed. Once the chamber get some grunge built up we had a lot of FTE's....

Are these 'stock' Ruger chambers?
    Also... what ammo were you using to see this grunge build-up?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Stock chambers and extractors, I was using federal American Eagle, not sure what the others were using?

I think the ammo has a lot to do with it. If you have the Federal American Eagle in the red box, I have had nothing but problems with the stuff both in my 10/22 and in my converted 1911. It's some of the worst ammo I've tried in my mostly stock 10/22. Nothing but jams for me. If you can find any try the Federal "Auto Match". CCI minimags also seem to work great.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Wolf Match Target and CCI Blazer are what my SuperStock/A likes the best.
    But my rifle is not stock (on the inside). It is only stock on the outside.

The trigger, bolt, and factory peg barrel were all re-worked by Randy at CPC.
    That is what SuperStock/A is all about. Stock appearing, but SuperStock shooters.
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=167

Go to Rimfirecentral.com and look under the sponsors section for Randy, and others who specialize in the 10/22 platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom