• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd hope so, I remember when our shepherd was that age, endless energy required a LOT of walking! They're so intelligent too, try not to get outwitted!

Ours is 1. He NEEDS to just run a while every day or he’s a big a-hole.

Looks like he found an amazing home!

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Thanks for taking care of this pup. He looks at home. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything i would be glad to help if possible.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm jealous - I wanted him pretty badly, but I couldn't convince the missus to go for it. She'd like to be dog free after our two have finally crossed the rainbow bridge, and we both understood that taking on a 1-year old dog is potentially a 10-14 year commitment.

I'm glad he found a good home though.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Ours is 1. He NEEDS to just run a while every day or he’s a big a-hole.

Looks like he found an amazing home!

I thought you'd be one of the top contenders for this dog...two dogs can play and run together, which makes it easier on you! Makes training and obedience harder though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought you'd be one of the top contenders for this dog...two dogs can play and run together, which makes it easier on you! Makes training and obedience harder though.

Yeah, we are making gains in training and obedience. If he were a little farther along I'd have thought about it.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    Saw this one late. If my little one wasn't crazy allergic I'd have totally been down. A free GSD that is young and not in any noticeably bad shape? Yessir!

How has he been windyhill? A handful so far or better than expected?

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I'm so glad things worked out for this great looking pup, I'm also sorry my jerk of a bother-in-law did not call you after hearing all the BS from him and how much he wanted a German Shepherd. Someday that guy will grow a pair and be a man in his own house. Thank you and your family for looking after him, he will make a great protector to his new family!

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Not sure of your GSD experience but watch the wind; watch the dog, that dog will likely pick up scents way before you can see anything or even think about it. Avoid blind corners, go to the other side of the street, etc.

Example: I was visiting Walnut Creek CA in their shopping area walking my GSD with family down regular streets and my GSD allerted. I pulled him around the corner of the street and sure as sin homeskillet with a PB comes walking past.

Best of luck. You got a good dog.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Not sure of your GSD experience but watch the wind; watch the dog, that dog will likely pick up scents way before you can see anything or even think about it. Avoid blind corners, go to the other side of the street, etc.

Example: I was visiting Walnut Creek CA in their shopping area walking my GSD with family down regular streets and my GSD allerted. I pulled him around the corner of the street and sure as sin homeskillet with a PB comes walking past.

Best of luck. You got a good dog.

homeskillet with a PB ?

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Fritz thanks you windyhill for adopting him. Check out K-9 Koncepts in GB for some training. Good people.

Attachments

• fritz talk.jpg
      fritz talk.jpg
      69.8 KB · Views: 242

windyhill

Mar 24, 2011
    Got a little dicey today, walked up on some cows and calf’s in the road, and a loose Collie just to amp up the level a bit more. He did pretty well, with zero barking, but the insane pulling is testing me and my knees a bit. Oh well, he’ll sleep tonight.

D7-D4112-F-26-A1-48-AE-96-FF-D4068-CDF1-B45.jpg

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If I could have convinced my wife that we should take him, it would have been an interesting integrating him into a family with two adult dogs. It sounds like he's doing great and has gotten into a very good home though, and that makes me happy.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Got a little dicey today, walked up on some cows and calf’s in the road, and a loose Collie just to amp up the level a bit more. He did pretty well, with zero barking, but the insane pulling is testing me and my knees a bit. Oh well, he’ll sleep tonight.

D7-D4112-F-26-A1-48-AE-96-FF-D4068-CDF1-B45.jpg

Choke collars work great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom