• mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    bronson22282912.jpeg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    "The Detroit community is torn, with some residents expressing horror at this act of vigilantism and others applauding the “justice” rendered by the attackers."

All I have to say is WTF!!:sad20::sad20: I say there should be more eye for eye punishment...

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    No, not really... I am not committing suicide for the community...

Still don't get exactly what this movie was getting at? That old white guys should clean up the now diverse community by committing suicide by thug in a way that the thug will be able to make a good case for self defense and get off?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Still don't get exactly what this movie was getting at? That old white guys should clean up the now diverse community by committing suicide by thug in a way that the thug will be able to make a good case for self defense and get off?

Um what?:sad20:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

He had cancer - or something - (he coughed blood into his hankie) and didn't want the misery.

And since it's a movie, the thugs all the got the chair the next day. :thumbsup:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    It used to be that the citizens were EXPECTED to help keep their towns and neighborhoods safe. Even SCOTUS recognized that the police have no duty to keep the public safe.
    With the ever growing dependence on govt, the natural side effect is to rely on them for protection. Now when it shows to be a failure and a return to self law and governance, people freak out.

The argument about rouge vigilantism is a white elephant to distract. People like that are investigated and dealt with appropriately.

The George Zimmerman case was this issue to a T. A perceived vigilante takes it upon himself to kill an innocent person. He was investigated and charged. At the trial, all the information that came out showed self defense. What people were really pissed about is that "the govt" didn't handle the situation (oh, and that race baiters completely misrepresented the entire episode)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

He had cancer - or something - (he coughed blood into his hankie) and didn't want the misery.

And since it's a movie, the thugs all the got the chair the next day. :thumbsup:

So he was dying but decided to go out by letting Thugs shoot him when unarmed? He shows up at their house and acts like he is pulling a gun to shoot them... knowing they would shoot him and he would die. So lets see, he threatens them (for a just reason but still does), Pulls a gun on them previously, then goes to their house and acts like he is pulling a gun. Cop, thug, or anyone would have shot him... What was the point? That by his death they got arrested and released back on the street the next day? So in the end, we have the old miserable white guy dead, thugs arrested for the night, Neighborhood kids gets the car he tried to steal, greedy grand daughter gets the shaft. What is the message?

Sorry I have to go with Charles Bronson... I am about sick of Eastwood. That coming from someone who loved his older stuff!

you should probably watch the movie again... the point, it was missed.

Sorry, watched it twice... better explain it to me!

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    So he was dying but decided to go out by letting Thugs shoot him when unarmed? He shows up at their house and acts like he is pulling a gun to shoot them... knowing they would shoot him and he would die. So lets see, he threatens them (for a just reason but still does), Pulls a gun on them previously, then goes to their house and acts like he is pulling a gun. Cop, thug, or anyone would have shot him... What was the point? That by his death they got arrested and released back on the street the next day? So in the end, we have the old miserable white guy dead, thugs arrested for the night, Neighborhood kids gets the car he tried to steal, greedy grand daughter gets the shaft. What is the message?

The point was that he finally found something to live for but he was already dying; he confronted the thugs in such a way that everyone saw it.

With so many people seeing the crime (and that he was unarmed) there was no way that someone would not talk to the cops.

The moral of the story is that if you kill a white man you're going to jail.

Wait, that's not right...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Sorry I have to go with Charles Bronson... I am about sick of Eastwood. That coming from someone who loved his older stuff!

Sorry, watched it twice... better explain it to me!

really? I didn't know murders went free the next day... you must have a badass lawyer?...He was already dying...why prolong the misery in his mind...greedy grand daughter doesn't get $Hit...as it should be...you think she deserved the car?:sad20:or anything else? All this didn't happen in one day...over time the mislead youth that tried stealing his car learned about working hard and earning something...instead of stealing it. The old guy ended his own misery and in so doing put the "thugs" in jail for a long time...if not for life...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom