• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAANavy

Feb 3, 2023
    Severn
    Soooo being military I just moved to MD and trying to understand the “definition”(their definition anyway lol) of an ASSAULT WEAPON i was reading and the rifle I just bought I don’t see on the list…so what exactly is an imitation? If it has the name AR15 anywhere basically? I’m referring to the circle on this picture i appreciate any advice!
    6685f7cb05a266df2ccc32fafc048265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    If it has HBAR engraved on the barrel or is marketed as an HBAR, or is a piston AR, or an AR in a caliber other than 5.56 then you're good.....for now

HBAR= heavy barrelled AR

MAANavy

Feb 3, 2023
    Severn
    If it has HBAR engraved on the barrel or is marketed as an HBAR, or is a piston AR, or an AR in a caliber other than 5.56 then you're good.....for now

HBAR= heavy barrelled AR

It’s definitely a 5.56 ); and I’m sending it to an FFL here in MD. I saw them at a maryland gunshow(ARs) so i assumed it was ok

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It’s definitely a 5.56 ); and I’m sending it to an FFL here in MD. I saw them at a maryland gunshow(ARs) so i assumed it was ok

They will let you know for sure.. it needs to be an HBar rifle here after 2013.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    That looks to be a medium contour barrel, not heavy.
    ^^^ this.. The FFL should advise you of that once they receive the paperwork from PA. You also cannot transfer a mag with a capacity of greater than 10rds, but that's not a big deal compared to the barrel contour, they just won't ship the mags to MD.

MAANavy

Feb 3, 2023
    Severn
    ^^^ this.. The FFL should advise you of that once they receive the paperwork from PA. You also cannot transfer a mag with a capacity of greater than 10rds, but that's not a big deal compared to the barrel contour, they just won't ship the mags to MD.

Damn i better get it prorated hah could always use extra mags!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Damn i better get it prorated hah could always use extra mags!

You can obtain std capacity mags out of state and bring them back, but you cannot transfer, buy, sell, trade them here within state lines if they are over 10rds. Another caveat of the Firearms Safety Act of 2013.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Phewww now i know what to look for. How critical they are here

I knew what you meant but ‘Critical’ would be sort of a compliment. But the anti-gunner general assembly folks aren’t very critical thinkers when it comes to banning firearms or might be worse.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Simple Answer - If it's offered for sale by a Maryland Dealer , you can presume it is Maryland Legal . Several of our IP's regularly offer good deals . Several sources can build something Maryland Legal to your specs .

But unless you know exactly which SKU's to look for , your just frustrating yourself looking at nationally based advertising/ websites .

MAANavy

Feb 3, 2023
    Severn
    You say phew, so I'm concerned you didn't understand his reply.

The one you posted, if described accurately, is no go.

But it’s not a “heavy barrel” right? I guess I’m just confused as to what exactly an Assualt Rifle is to these law makers. I guess I’ll find out soon but Hanover Armory looked at my receipt and didn’t seem to have an issue..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom