• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I am a trustee with the Associated gun clubs of Baltimore (AGC) out on Marriotsville road. http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/ As you may know we are one of the larger gun clubs in the Baltimore Area. At our last monthly meeting the idea of advertising came up. This forum seems be very active and I brought up the idea of trying to work out a deal for advertising on this site.

The AGC is a completely volenteer club with only the range officers being paid. We have roughly 2000 active paying members. We run everything from pistol to 4H to machine gun matches

So far I have not really seen any part of the website setup for advertising. I also don't really see a good spot to add the Clubs information where it will become a sticky. We would probably be interested in doing several kinds of advertising... everything from a banner to adding out calendar to... whatever the forum would be interested in doing.

Can someone point me in the correct direction? Is there someone I should contact? I already tried the webmaster with no reply. Admins, is this something that interests you?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Sounds like a good plan

Yeah I think it would be. All the people I have talked to at our range (who are computer users) like this site. The site gets lots of people of which at least a third might be interested in joining our range. We have one of the largest ranges in central MD/Baltimore area. We offer pretty much all any kind of shooting from Machine gun to blackpowder, Shotguns to pistols and more.

I am sure our group would approve some funds for an Ad here which would help pay the cost of running the site. A nice banner in upper right of the title bar is the normal way and doesn't detract from the site. I am also sure other gun clubs would be interested in doing the same.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    You got it. Seems like a good place to advertise as its certainly our target population...

Plus we could return the favor by posting MD shooters ads at our range.

You do realize that a good number of members here belong to one of the AGC clubs? Members here regularly promote either AGC or the club they belong to, to novices.

True MD is not as big as TX or CA, but still, some folks live distances that make joining a AGC club not practical.

If Don, DD214, needs or wants the $$ to help run the place, I think he would do it tastefully. I do however think AGC should first ask their clubs to poll their members to see how many are here already.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Aehm, if you really need to show off your range, how about playing host to an mdshooters meeting?
    :innocent0

If you take a poll, you'll note that quite a number of MDshooters member end up meeting each other on the ACG range already. If it gets colder, I'll be happy to wear my sweater in addition to the range badge.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    "You do realize that a good number of members here belong to one of the AGC clubs? Members here regularly promote either AGC or the club they belong to, to novices."

Yup, no doubt about it. However you could still easily miss it. Plus maybe we could work out a deal where the AGC calendar is used with the websites calender as we are running special events all the time and few get listed.

"True MD is not as big as TX or CA, but still, some folks live distances that make joining a AGC club not practical."

Again, no doubt. However unlike advertising on radio or the news paper, everyone here is already into guns. So I think the chance of getting new members goes up.

"If Don, DD214, needs or wants the $$ to help run the place, I think he would do it tastefully."

Thats certainly up to him. I am not asking for some pop up ad or some annoying flashing banner. Really I think we would be open to anything he was interested in doing depending on price. Hopefully we can help each other out some too.

"I do however think AGC should first ask their clubs to poll their members to see how many are here already"

There is really not a good way to get in touch with everyone as there is no central email list. Most of the messages sent out by the Executives and trustees never get to the members. Thats something else that needs to be worked on.

I was charged with finding out if advertising here was an option, nothing more. I am to report back if the owner is interested, what he would like to do and the price or deal we can get. If he is not interested, thats fine and we wish the forum the best of luck, no hard feelings. Its the only internet based advertising we are looking at so it says a lot about what a good forum this is!!! Before any agreement was met, it would be voted on by our trustees which represent all voting clubs.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Aehm, if you really need to show off your range, how about playing host to an mdshooters meeting?
    :innocent0

If you take a poll, you'll note that quite a number of MDshooters member end up meeting each other on the ACG range already. If it gets colder, I'll be happy to wear my sweater in addition to the range badge.

All you need to do is get a club to sponsor your meeting and reserve a room. I don't think you even need AGC approval for this. Just go to your club leadership and see if they will sponsor it.

Hell now we just need something to surround the AGC badge with your MD shooters handle name!!!

Like I said, I think we would be very open and can help out MD shooter too.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    All you need to do is get a club to sponsor your meeting and reserve a room. I don't think you even need AGC approval for this. Just go to your club leadership and see if they will sponsor it.

Hell now we just need something to surround the AGC badge with your MD shooters handle name!!!

I thought we should have MDShooters hat pins with the site logo and a white band in the middle like the AGC range bages. Write your screen name in the white band.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    No offense but I really hope this doesn't happen. Not having any advertisers on this web site is what makes it what it is. I'm sure it could be quite lucrative for Don to do so but I think it is what sets us apart from the likes of M4 carbine, ar15, war rifles and a host of other web sites.

This web site has a calendar that folks can look at and it costs nothing to post in it but your time in doing so. There are also threads when your membership renewals come up letting folks know about it. What I like about this place is almost everything that happens, good or bad, is by word of mouth, not by seeing annoying advertising cluttering up the place.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am definitely not against your club as I know many members that speak very highly of it. I also have nothing against you as I don't believe we know each other. Just giving an opinion and please take it for what it's worth.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD

I think what he meant was a MDS shoot, like the fall shoot coming up.
    Most of the MDS shoots take place down on the shore at DSC because there is no place else that will let them do it. They get a couple hundred people that show up to share I think about 30 or 40 shooting positions between rifle and pistol ranges. Imagine how many might show with all the room you have?

MDS has a wealth of RSO members, they run a very safe shoot.

Pros
    1. AGC is a much more central location for a shoot, would draw more people.
    2. DSC charges $15.00 per person range fee, no reason AGC could not do the same- for non range members.
    3. A way for non range members to be brought in to see the facilities.
    4. A number of industry partners show up and bring goodies, this would apeal to current members who show up.
    5. Could be turned into a nice press oportunity, which could benifit both MDS and AGC.
    6. YOu could have recruiting reps for any of your clubs that are seeking new members.

Cons
    1. Would require a bit of work to organize.
    2. May be an inconvienience to some of your members on that day.

On another note, I think MDS member Beswift has been trying to get approval for an Appleseed shoot at AGC. This is another way to get potential new members.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Could MD Shooters affiliate as an associated club??.. That would go a long way towards new membership.. Might end up you largest membership, clubwise..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom