• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    First I must apologize for the fact that I have been a registered member here for a while and have yet to introduce myself.

I have posted here and there but since I have been researching the many hoops one has to jump through to get a concealed carry permit after 2013, I have realized the wealth of knowledge available on here is invaluable.

A little background on myself. I have been a firefighter for over 20 years. I worked for a few years as a private fire investigator for various insurance companies and at that time had a restricted wear and carry permit in this state as well as a Few non res permits to cover me in other surrounding states. I carried a hk usp 45 and looking back on it was a huge chunk of hardware to be toting around. After I got out of that I had to give up my md permit.

Anyway I just got approved for a unrestricted permit due to being threatened by a patient I had a while back on the job. I feel bad that it had to come to that to be able to practice my 2A right and how the common person in md is not afforded that same right when all they want to do is be able to defend themselves and family.

Anyway I look forward to interacting with like minded individuals and I promise I will be more of a contributing member of this board.

Take care

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Wasn’t it you posting about going to the appeal board a week or two ago!? I guess you were approved! Congrats

Thanks. Yeah msp reversed my denial after I turned in some additional documentation. It’s funny how well they will work with you once you meet the states definition of g and s but it’s a long hard road when you are trying to articulate your own situation to meet what you think in your own opinion of what is good and substantial. I don’t blame the troopers in the process as they are just doing their jobs but blame the system in general. I can only hope that in time we can push to change that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics