• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveFinMD

Mar 21, 2012
    Frederick County
    I went in this morning to see what was happening with the revolver that I bought in May. They said they are averaging one approval per WEEK. Also, was told they are holding about 100 guns from April still waiting for approval. Just makes me want to gag. I hope to get out of Maryland when my wife retires, this sucks!:mad54:

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I went in this morning to see what was happening with the revolver that I bought in May. They said they are averaging one approval per WEEK. Also, was told they are holding about 100 guns from April still waiting for approval. Just makes me want to gag. I hope to get out of Maryland when my wife retires, this sucks!:mad54:

Sorry dude, but you get what you deserve. There are COUNTLESS threads and internet reviews telling people to stay away from these clowns.

And when I say clowns, I am insulting clowns....

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Sorry dude, but you get what you deserve. There are COUNTLESS threads and internet reviews telling people to stay away from these clowns.

:lol:

Might I ask if you inquired about early release.

SteveFinMD

Mar 21, 2012
    Frederick County

So, somehow it is their fault that the MSP is behind on their paperwork? Not defending the Gun Center, but I don't see how you can lay this one on them.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I don't understand, the MSP are up to Middle May. I know this for a fact, so why do they have guns (100 ?) from April? Even during these difficult times, something else is wrong here.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    How is it their fault that the state of md is screwed up? Please elaborate.

Because any FFL not releasing now is just screwing you over and doesn't give a rip. There is PLENTY of information that allows FFLs to release. The Gun Center is nothing more than a shop full of d!ckhe4ds. They do not give a crap about you and why they are not releasing. Just search on this forum and hear about all the "love stories" that come from their shop.

So, somehow it is their fault that the MSP is behind on their paperwork? Not defending the Gun Center, but I don't see how you can lay this one on them.

See above.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Because any FFL not releasing now is just screwing you over and doesn't give a rip. There is PLENTY of information that allows FFLs to release. The Gun Center is nothing more than a shop full of d!ckhe4ds. They do not give a crap about you and why they are not releasing. Just search on this forum and hear about all the "love stories" that come from their shop.

See above.

This times 10. Idiots that are in love with themselves way to much.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

You now get to lay in the bed that you made for yourself by purchasing from them. You should have done your research on TGC before you even walked in their door.

I lay the blame on them because they are self centered/righteous pricks that have their inventory marked well above MSRP. I have never had a good experience in there, hence why I have never bought any firearms from them. When I was looking for an AK (July 2012) and I see an M+M M10, I am curious and want to take a look at it. Before I start looking at anything I let the guy know that I am just looking, not going to buy, but wanting to see what is out there. He hands me the M+M M10, does not check the chamber, does not remove the mag, and points the barrel at me while handing it to me. I look the rifle over and considering I can get it elsewhere (I did pricing research) for less than $600, I am shocked at seeing it over $775. I looked at the Arsenal they had (bare bones basic model) and they had it listed for $1600-1800, when that rifle was no more than $900-1100. I never raised a stink about the prices, but when the guy started getting forceful about what would he have to do about getting me to take it home with me, I drew the line and politely told him again that I was just looking because I didn't know what was out there. He actually ordered me out of the store and told me not to come back unless I had cash in my hands and was going to buy something. They lost a customer that day. I was going to go back in a week later to buy the M+M M10, but after that incident, I went elsewhere to spend my money.

TGC is ripping people off left and right with their prices. Mosins in July of 2012 were about $130 bucks each, well they were selling them for $180 each for round receivers. The wifey wanted an S&W M&P9 and they were asking over $700 for one WITHOUT night sights. An M&P9 w/night sights should run no more than $600-675.

A gun store that gouges the crap out of people like that deserves the bad rep they get. They also deserve to go out of business, but again they are also right there next to the fort so the military guys don't know that there are better prices further away from the base. I wonder how they feel, knowing they are ripping off the members of the military, that go and buy from them. Their 10% MIL discount is crap, because their prices are so high that they are still making money hand over fist after the "discount".

FireAtWill

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Sep 12, 2013
    Frederick
    My brother-in-law purchased an AR 15 from them and got an early release.

He must be a LEO. TGC is not doing early releases...I've checked multiple times. A couple friends have handguns that have been sitting there for months while other Frederick area shops are releasing early.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I is not "early release", any and all FFLs can release after 7 days - it is the law that some fail to recognize.

I bought a Ruger P95 from them on April 10th and picked it up on July 7th. If you bought it in May then either bg checks grinded to a near complete standstill or they are pulling your chain.

leibowitzian

Sep 15, 2013
    Agreed, a lot of the guys that work in there are assholes, and the inventory is overpriced. But Glade Valley Sporting Goods has a pretty crappy selection and their customer service isn't much better, and Gunrunners is small and has weird hours. Is there another store that I'm not aware of?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Agreed, a lot of the guys that work in there are assholes, and the inventory is overpriced. But Glade Valley Sporting Goods has a pretty crappy selection and their customer service isn't much better, and Gunrunners is small and has weird hours. Is there another store that I'm not aware of?

I wish we had better choices, if Engage of someone like that would come to Frederick they would making a killing in business.

Drive the 15mins to shooters discount or the gun shack in Mt.Airy

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    True, Mt Airy isn't far away. maybe they could open second shop in Frederick, we just need a better option.

You've got plenty of options, just get in the car and drive. In addition to the above, Hafer's isn't very far either.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    TGC had been in business for something like 30 years. They must be doing something right.

As for the military sales, they are not that big of an issue near Detrick, it's not like it's Ft. Bragg nor Hood. Really, not that many Soldiers there.

I used to go in there a lot when I was at Detrick and I never saw them shaft people. May happen, but I didn't see it.

Yes, their prices are high at times but then I just keep looking.

In the end they have a large inventory and it's a nice shop which I enjoy checking out when I'm in the area. Nothing against the other Frederick shops except for their hours which I find hard to sync with very often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom