• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Totally legal to buy, I bought 2 30 round aluminum kits from 44mag the other week...the act of assembling them is a felony I believe? So, assemble it while you're out of state.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Totally legal to buy, I bought 2 30 round aluminum kits from 44mag the other week...the act of assembling them is a felony I believe? So, assemble it while you're out of state.

Still not sure who would sell them in MD, but how can you buy a 30rd rebuild kit in MD but not assemble it here? "Anyone know if these are legal to purchase in MD.???"

Doesn't make sense to me, but then again I'm not a lawyer.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Still not sure who would sell them in MD, but how can you buy a 30rd rebuild kit in MD but not assemble it here? "Anyone know if these are legal to purchase in MD.???"

Since it's not assembled it's not considered a magazine - just replacement parts, etc.

The actual assembly within MD's borders is what can get you into hot water if you were somehow caught/charged with it.

I've had 60 round magazines shipped to me (disassembled) in MD, the key is to not assemble it in MD.

Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie

Take 2:

Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Would be nice if they did...maybe they don't want to take apart every +20 round magazine they have. Just another market for profit in my opinion.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Why dont MD dealers sell Magazine Rebuild Kits?

Possibly because of the ease in which a customer could illegally assemble a "high-capacity" magazine within MD, they likely don't want any part of it because they know MD would try to lay liability at their feet.

In this state, CYA is SOP when it comes to firearms. No one wants to be a test-case or in the headlines.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Probably because even a dealer can't get a 30rd mag, and I am under the impression that a company like 44mag "converts" complete mags into parts kits.

Dealers get them all the time, from guns that ship with 30 rounders standard. They just can't sell them within MD to MD residents.

I'd be willing to bet most of your local LEO's can get their 30 rounders from local shops.

CaribooLou

Jan 18, 2013
    Loudoun County
    Dealers get them all the time, from guns that ship with 30 rounders standard. They just can't sell them within MD to MD residents.

I'd be willing to bet most of your local LEO's can get their 30 rounders from local shops.

Gotcha, so someone working at the dealer gets free 30rd mags? I gotta get into the business...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    they are not "rebuild" kits they are repair kits. They are meant to be piece parts to repair broken mags.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Gotcha, so someone working at the dealer gets free 30rd mags? I gotta get into the business...

Negative. They came into the state as a complete 30rd mag. Theyd have to leave the state in order for an MD resident to take possession. So if your dealer wanted to ship them to a VA or PA address thats fine. BUT, they cant disassemble it in MD and sell it as a repair kit as it originally entered the state as a complete mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom