sign of times to come? liberals, far left looking to buy their first gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    More good guys with guns is never a bad thing. More folks having "THEIRS" means more folks with skin in the game and something to lose. There are plenty of people on this forum who aren't conservatives per se, but they are staunch defenders of 2A. Alienating those who want to take part in the right because of disagreements on other issues is foolish, in my opinion.

that's a bingo. we need to remove 2nd amendment rights from the list of "political wedge issues" if enough Democrats lose railing on gun control, eventually pro gun democrats will get elected, and if democrats and republicans are pro guns... it is no longer a pro guns vs anti gun debate on a national level, and there is no longer big money supporting gun control, because the big money only exists to support politicians...

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I definitely think the attitudes are shifting. People who have never owned guns are telling me they are thinking about getting one and I highly encourage them to do so while they still can.

It's ironic when these people find out hard it is now. It's like everyone assumes that gun control measures are "reasonable" until 1. they find out it applies to them and not just other people and 2. they experience the shenanigans for themselves.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Most of them bought into the to easy to get guns/gun show loophole BS the media spews. When they try to get one for themselves and find out how hard it really is it is becoming a wake up moment and they are starting to ask what else am I being lied to about?

Be sure to take them to a range and show them that it also can be fun to own a gun. We will turn them to the dark side!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    More good guys with guns is never a bad thing. More folks having "THEIRS" means more folks with skin in the game and something to lose. There are plenty of people on this forum who aren't conservatives per se, but they are staunch defenders of 2A. Alienating those who want to take part in the right because of disagreements on other issues is foolish, in my opinion.

There is an even larger group of people that could care less about the 2nd Amendment, but are concerned with their own self defense/personal protection, and want a firearm to do so. Regardless of who they are, how they vote or how they are registered, it is our job to help them out. And if someone doesn't feel that they can work with such a person, feel free to ask for someone else to do it here on the board.

While we needs to keep the pedal down on the 2nd Amendment aspect, we need to start shifting the gears into the personal protection/self defense aspect as well and start building that community and incorporating that community into the legislative process.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    +1 on that. Even if if they don't become staunch supporters of your cause, they probably won't become staunch opponents either.

I don't care if they become staunch supporters of our cause (2nd Amendment), so long as their cause (self defense/personal protection) dovetails with ours and helps build the community against the legislative issues we have here in MD.

Start preaching self defense/personal protection, leave the 2nd Amendment arguments and sales pitch off the table for the start and we will start to grow a community exponentially.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    that's a bingo. we need to remove 2nd amendment rights from the list of "political wedge issues" if enough Democrats lose railing on gun control, eventually pro gun democrats will get elected, and if democrats and republicans are pro guns... it is no longer a pro guns vs anti gun debate on a national level, and there is no longer big money supporting gun control, because the big money only exists to support politicians...

Make it simpler, make it s self defense/personal protection issue, something even more folks can get behind from all walks. Make the elected officials say they are against personal protection/self defense, and then plat that again and again and make them defend their position.

(How many are starting to see a trend here?)

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    Is it wrong of me to feel a bit of schadenfreude when they discover there's no gun show loophole, they have to undergo a background investigation, they have to wait until the 8th day to pick it up, and they can't get a carry permit?

Ain't that the truth. I correspond with a pack of ignoratizi on another forum. It's incredible to me how aggressively misinformed they are about everything related to firearms. Sometimes I have the patience to engage in the back and forth with them, but they wear me out. Most of them are motivated by the need to win in the rhetorical sense rather than the need to be right. It's exhausting.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Its OK to teach a liberal everything they know. Just not everything you know.

One day they they may earn our trust,but its not today. And if they don't help right the ship..write them off.

But the trend us not surprising..

Just don't trust them..yet.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Actually not allways.

We have already seen this dynamic.. Journalist reporting on basic classes and then saying ..."I can't believe they put a gun in my hand with so little training".

The same folks who say." The bar guys will take it and use it on you " will carry in cond white and prove it.. ADs negligence etc..

This really is a threat..

The problem is statists. Unless you know your not dealing with a statist the risk is too high.

Be very warry of radical libertarians and anti gov left as well..

But other than that help them.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeap, go to work, check out the people you work with. Do you want ALL OF THEM armed?

Really?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Actually not allways.

We have already seen this dynamic.. Journalist reporting on basic classes and then saying ..."I can't believe they put a gun in my hand with so little training".

The same folks who say." The bar guys will take it and use it on you " will carry in cond white and prove it.. ADs negligence etc..

This really is a threat..

The problem is statists. Unless you know your not dealing with a statist the risk is too high.

Be very warry of radical libertarians and anti gov left as well..

But other than that help them.

No, more good guys with guns is always a good thing. I stand by my statement.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    There is an even larger group of people that could care less about the 2nd Amendment, but are concerned with their own self defense/personal protection, and want a firearm to do so. Regardless of who they are, how they vote or how they are registered, it is our job to help them out. And if someone doesn't feel that they can work with such a person, feel free to ask for someone else to do it here on the board.

While we needs to keep the pedal down on the 2nd Amendment aspect, we need to start shifting the gears into the personal protection/self defense aspect as well and start building that community and incorporating that community into the legislative process.

An excellent point. :thumbsup:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yeap, go to work, check out the people you work with. Do you want ALL OF THEM armed?

Really?

I agree...but...if we say "only certain people should have guns," aren't we then just like "them" :mad54:

I don't know...the whole thing seems tricky.:shrug:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    A liberal friend stocked up on some self defense stuff.
    Followed my advise. Bought a 9mm, a couple of clips and a box of shells.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      24.4 KB · Views: 228

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Yup

Most of them bought into the to easy to get guns/gun show loophole BS the media spews. When they try to get one for themselves and find out how hard it really is it is becoming a wake up moment and they are starting to ask what else am I being lied to about?

Be sure to take them to a range and show them that it also can be fun to own a gun. We will turn them to the dark side!

Exactly.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Last night I had a caller and it went like this. " hi I'd like to buy my first handgun." Me "okay , are you aware of the new laws in Maryland regarding the purchase of a regulated gun?" Him "no what do I have to do?" I explained to him the process and he mumbled some cuss words. Then I asked him what was his primary interest, sport, protection or just collecting? He then told me he hates guns but wants to buy one now because he may not be able to in the near future. So I asked him if he HATES guns is he prepared to take all the steps to own possess and use one responsibly? He hung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

leo-cullum-just-how-many-ways-are-there-to-skin-a-cat-cartoon.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom