• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I mailed a modification request 8/6. I sent it out in a letter format, as the new form on their webpage wasn’t put online until late in the day on 8/6. I emailed them yesterday inquiring if they received it. I got a reply this morning that they did receive it. I just checked my bank account, check hit the account today.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I mailed a modification request 8/6. I sent it out in a letter format, as the new form on their webpage wasn’t put online until late in the day on 8/6. I emailed them yesterday inquiring if they received it. I got a reply this morning that they did receive it. I just checked my bank account, check hit the account today.

So you were in their system on 8/7, same with me. They have cashed your check, so you should get your permit soon. Congrats!

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Just checked my account, they just cashed my check, so mine should be on the way.:party29:

I hand-delivered my mod request on August 7th 10:30 am. Check cashed Aug 14

Last edited:

Capt-D

Aug 13, 2012
    I am currently under the 10 day internal review request time from of my newly issued permit. I was contacted by a Trooper yesterday from the Licensing Division saying that as a result of the new change that they would be re-issuing a un-restricted permit. He said it was being printed yesterday and would be to me by the end of the week. He specifically stated that I could not carry "un-restricted" until I had the new permit in hand. Just an FYI!

-D

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    He specifically stated that I could not carry "un-restricted" until I had the new permit in hand. Just an FYI!

-D

Thanks for that update. Knowing our POS Attorney General, he would love to make an example out of one of us terrorists. Can't wait till I get mine and I am out of that A-hole's grasp!!!

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    mailed on the 7 th on letter head requesting restrictions to be removed nothing yet check not deposited . Im beginning to worry because i didn't use the MSP format letter posted above.

I wound't worry, just email them and ask them if you are in the system. msp.handgunpermits@maryland.gov

If you want to call ask for either Senior Trooper Brett Laziuck or Master Trooper Brian Hall of the Handgun Permit section 410-653-4624

Gliderkit1

Aug 8, 2019
    Frederick county
    mailed on the 7 th on letter head requesting restrictions to be removed nothing yet check not deposited . Im beginning to worry because i didn't use the MSP format letter posted above.

Did the same mailed mine Monday the 5th they received on the 6th check posted on the 9th permit arrived yesterday. I used letter head simple request when I mailed the new form wasn’t posted yet.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    He specifically stated that I could not carry "un-restricted" until I had the new permit in hand. Just an FYI!

-D

Back in the day...if you went to the HPRB and it was found in your favor for an unrestricted permit, they said the same thing. Until you receive Your permit, Your permit is what you're permit says...even if it can't be defined

Nobody

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I'm guessin' the backlog has now shifted from the HPRB to the MSP-LD... they can take the money from the trooper's overtime at the meetings and spend it on an extra laminating machine... that way they'll be ready when the BIG hammer(shall issue) falls on them in the near future...:)

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Modification request mailed on Friday 8/9, check cashed Friday 8/16. Hoping
    to receive unrestricted permit by Monday 8/19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Modification request mailed on Friday 8/9, check cashed Friday 8/16. Hoping
    to receive unrestricted permit by Monday 8/19.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chances are you won't receive it until Wednesday 21st. Congrats on soon to being out of Brian Frosh's grasp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom