• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Almost hit one 12:30am this morning heading east on Rt40 at Rt715.

It ran out from the rock/asphalt plant in front of me, jumped over the jersey wall and over to the SHA garage.

I saw one in Frederica, DE last week as well. This one was running along Rt1 at the edge of a field and didn't even seemed fazed by me driving alongside it.

Reminds me to install the dash cam sitting on the counter.

EAB

Mar 5, 2013
    Pretty sure we have them here in Abingdon too. Found the remains of a fox in my neighbors yard recently. Pretty much devoured save the head and lower legs. He has no dogs.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I'd like to see a few more of them to help control the deer!

Then when they explode (more) so I can nab a few pelts...

I'm offering to shoot any (in season, with proper creds / licenses) for anyone that has issues; just PM me!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Coyotes Report-Abingdon MD, near Abingdon Rd and Philadelphia Rd
    I see coyotes behind my house on a regular basis. They won't come in close like the fox will do, but they do come within rifle range (no more than 150 yards). I have told the neighbors to watch their yappy dogs and younger children. I would hope the coyotes will never come close to the houses, but if they do, it could get ugly very quickly.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    No coyotes yet in the wilds of Columbia that I've seen. But it was entertaining this morning to watch my resident fox grab a rabbit out of my garden and chow down on it while I was eating breakfast. He's gotten pretty brazen over the past few weeks, not limiting his hunting to the hours around dawn or dusk. Maybe this year's garden won't be a salad bar for small furry creatures.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    No coyotes yet in the wilds of Columbia that I've seen. But it was entertaining this morning to watch my resident fox grab a rabbit out of my garden and chow down on it while I was eating breakfast. He's gotten pretty brazen over the past few weeks, not limiting his hunting to the hours around dawn or dusk. Maybe this year's garden won't be a salad bar for small furry creatures.

My deer problem says otherwise.

EAB

Mar 5, 2013
    Coyotes Report-Abingdon MD, near Abingdon Rd and Philadelphia Rd
    I see coyotes behind my house on a regular basis. They won't come in close like the fox will do, but they do come within rifle range (no more than 150 yards). I have told the neighbors to watch their yappy dogs and younger children. I would hope the coyotes will never come close to the houses, but if they do, it could get ugly very quickly.

I'm off Hooker Mill Rd in a development. Same neighborhood. For whatever reason we have an explosion of the rabbit population this year. My garden is getting ravished by them. Foxes are welcome. 'yotes apparently seen to follow.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm off Hooker Mill Rd in a development. Same neighborhood. For whatever reason we have an explosion of the rabbit population this year. My garden is getting ravished by them. Foxes are welcome. 'yotes apparently seen to follow.

I live between Rt 7 and the railroad. It would seem the fox and coyotes are sticking to this area. Seeing all of the rabbits in your area would be about right. They're going to go to an area that the fox and coyotes won't go.

Rabbit stew is a mighty fine meal.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You must live right near the old Abingdon Dump, Sam Hill Road. Glowing mutant Foxes.

Serves as County W/S maintenance and County Highway shop's these days.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You must live right near the old Abingdon Dump, Sam Hill Road. Glowing mutant Foxes.

Serves as County W/S maintenance and County Highway shop's these days.

Not far from it at all. You leave my little fox buddies along. They don't have to be Red to be beautiful. ;) Last year, we did have one that looked like it was dipped into a vat of acid. He lived throughout the summer, but I haven't seen him this year.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Lol

I just saw a big Ol'fox sitting in someone's yard late afternoon on Federal Lane (not too far away) recently.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Yotes seem to be pretty well established in Harford Co. now. I've spoken to farmers on the perryman penninsula a few yrs ago and they would talk about being in the tractors at night and seeing coyotes at the field edges. Not far from where the op saw his.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Pretty sure we have them here in Abingdon too. Found the remains of a fox in my neighbors yard recently. Pretty much devoured save the head and lower legs. He has no dogs.

Guess I need to start watching the little dogs closely when I let them out at night...... I knew we had foxes around Box Hill, now these things are being reported too.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yotes seem to be pretty well established in Harford Co. now. I've spoken to farmers on the perryman penninsula a few yrs ago and they would talk about being in the tractors at night and seeing coyotes at the field edges. Not far from where the op saw his.

They used to kill sheep all the time on my brother's farm in Churchville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom