• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I’m kind of amazed that the Baltimore Sun story that puts pressure on Gov. Hogan to “clarify” his understanding of RED FLAG Due Process—which is at ODDS with us—- has not been discussed yet in conjunction with his March 1st “testimony”

Go here for a recap of the Sun story and its implications:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5181726&postcount=89

Hogan's only concern is how many votes will he lose if he signs it versus how many will he lose if he vetoes it...the rest is just a distraction while his people take polls, interview focus groups and look at historical data...odds are not in our favor since the state is 70% dem...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm just saying that with that many Bills there is time and energy wasted on that many Bills. The fact that the system has to deal with more than 3000 Bills is what I'm talking about.

The Blizzard Of BullSh!t this past session was closer to 3,700 bills.

That is up 50-friggin-% more than non-election years.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    They were made by the committee and they were available for EVERY Delegate to read before they voted on it on the House floor.

It was objected to on Sine Die that the amendments weren't available to the delegates. After some investigation, it turns out the amended bill was put on the wrong system so delegates who didn't look on the wrong system had an hour to read the 31 page amended bill and consider it whilst participating and voting on other bills.

It was ridiculous. I encourage you to visit the capital and watch the show, if you want to be outraged. Listen to the recording and you can have the whole story.

It was worth the trip to watch Dumais pouty-puss for a half hour that her amaze-balls bill was unavailable to delegates.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Imagine a plot to cut the power to the State House with three hours to go, when that damn Red Flag bill was introduced, LOL.

AFAIK, there is no recourse for a do-over if the legislature cannot function as stipulated by law—the clock just runs out!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It was objected to on Sine Die that the amendments weren't available to the delegates. After some investigation, it turns out the amended bill was put on the wrong system so delegates who didn't look on the wrong system had an hour to read the 31 page amended bill and consider it whilst participating and voting on other bills.

It was ridiculous. I encourage you to visit the capital and watch the show, if you want to be outraged. Listen to the recording and you can have the whole story.

It was worth the trip to watch Dumais pouty-puss for a half hour that her amaze-balls bill was unavailable to delegates.

I worked in Annapolis, I am aquainted more than most with how the sausage is made.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Imagine a plot to cut the power to the State House with three hours to go, when that damn Red Flag bill was introduced, LOL.

AFAIK, there is no recourse for a do-over if the legislature cannot function as stipulated by law—the clock just runs out!

They can vote to turn the clock back.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    And yet, when I worked for Delegate Smiegel, we covered every bill that he had to directly deal with, it is really no different that any other state legislature and their legislative sessions.

I'm guessing that voting on a bill would be indirectly? No need to answer, I'll still be baffled by all this legislative stuff.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm guessing that voting on a bill would be indirectly? No need to answer, I'll still be baffled by all this legislative stuff.

At least in our office, absolutely not, we all worked to make sure the Delegate knew what was going on with the bill, and this included the Senate bills that crossed over, and what republicans in the Senate voted for them as well as what amendments were presented in the Senate committee and on the Senate floor for the bill vote.

And I am fairly certain we were not the exception, given how close we worked with other Delegates and their staff.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Any news of Hogan waving a white flag, from his mansion window, with HB1302 written on it?
    :lol: :lol2:

I sent another email to Hogan (after leaving another voicemail), and he replied with this, saying "I've got my eye on you *******."

th

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Any news of Hogan waving a white flag, from his mansion window, with HB1302 written on it?

:lol: :lol2:

I sent another email to Hogan (after leaving another voicemail), and he replied with this, saying "I've got my eye on you *******."

th

Let's just say Eruby will not be wearing a dress at the Pig Roast ..unless he chooses to do so . And Gov. Hogan is waving but it is not a white flag .:innocent0:innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Is it just an amazing coincidence that Hogan was out of Annapolis on April 14th? Since this was known to be a day of rallies all over the country to show support for the 2nd Amendment, why would he leave Annapolis? If he supported the 2nd, he should have been there and at least waved to his subjects from a balcony. But instead, he decided to beat feet and not be anywhere near the rally.

Why is that, I wonder?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Is it just an amazing coincidence that Hogan was out of Annapolis on April 14th? Since this was known to be a day of rallies all over the country to show support of the 2nd Amendment, why would he leave Annapolis? If he supported the 2nd, he should have been there and at least waved to his subjects from a balcony. But instead, he decided to beat feet and not be anywhere near the rally.

Why is that, I wonder?

he was busy with loyalist luncheons

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom