• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Live up to your name and get a Px4 in .45

Dirty job but somebody has got to do it.

Another choice for you could be Stoeger Cougar 45 for another Beretta connection.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    In all honesty, I'd say either the M&P or the Glock. I have no experience with the FN and can't comment. The XD/XDm's just don't fit my hand well at all. You'll be wise to try them all though.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    If you want to go balls out, get a Nighthawk/AAC custom 1911 .45. Factory match barrel threaded for a suppressor. I shot one yesterday compliments of Engage Armament and it was amazing. I wouldn't even want to guess what it cost, but if money isn't an issue it was quiet, reliable, and extremely well built.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Check out the M&P .45 threaded barrel kit the price is right and you get two barrels, one for when you go suppressed. They run about $700 and I know Engage has on in stock.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If I was to get a .45 ACP at this point, I'd go find a S&W 4506. S&W basically built a semi-auto to handle the power of the 10mm and realized that they could run a .45 ACP using the same frame/slide so it's built like a tank. And they are still making magazines for it.

Jim

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    IMO - if it's for the range get a 1911, I think everybody should own one.

That being said, if it's for self defense, get one of the more modern plastic guns. They will be lighter, more reliable out of the box, and more corrosion resistant.

I don't own any of the ones you are looking at but if you want to throw another choice in the mix, check out the FNH .45 USG

BerettaMan

Mar 27, 2011
    Harford county
    Thanks for all the input! I'm still doing research right now but will make a decision by the end of the week. I'll keep you posted and put up some pics when I make the purchase. (After the waiting period)

ETH092

Aug 29, 2010
    Harford County
    I'd side with the XDM .45 cause who can argue with 13+1 for a weapon chambered in .45? and its decent pricing is icing on the cake. Mark 23 if you plan on saving some cash up first though.

BerettaMan

Mar 27, 2011
    Harford county
    I finally made a decision. After a lot of research I decided to go with the FNP USG 45. I just couldn't justify the over $400 dollar price jump for the tuned trigger and raised sights of the tactical. To me the raised sights looked kinda silly when you see the gun in person. Got a great deal at Gun Connection. Will post pick when I pick it up in a couple of weeks. (special order) Thanks for all the great input you guys gave!

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    Nothing against 1911's. Just want a non 1911 45.

You know, those are grounds for having your passport revoked.

Mine was built in 1942. Great-uncle took it all thru the Italian campaign, Dad had it in 'Nam, and I was allowed to bring it (by my CO) to Desert Storm/Shield.

None of us bothered to return it to the "original" owner.;)

It has never failed, but I did break one original mag.

I have retired it and I'm looking to mount it until I croak and then will it to my soon-to-be-born son.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Glock 21 or the XDM in that order. To be fair I haven't shot the M&P so that may be a good option. The FN has a horrible trigger and IMHO the sig doesn't offer anything to justify the price unless you just like metal pistols. The good news is that all the mentioned guns are good guns so you pretty much can't go wrong. Try them all if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom