• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    got there about 10, waited behind maybe 40 people in line, took maybe 10 minutes to get in. It was crowded and parking was bad but no big deal. Lots of black plastic SBR stuff, not to many real guns with walnut & blue steel but enough to keep me happy.
    Found some IMR PB powder which I thought was discontinued - score. Also bought knife sharpener and a book.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Largest crowd I have ever seen at this show to include casual observation of transfer paperwork in progress. Me thinks Obama concerns strike again .

I agree. I have been to the show 3-4 times in the past couple of years and I've never had to wait in line to get in. I got there about 9:15 AM and it took me about 10-15 min to get in. There were lots of parking spots available when I got there but by the time I left 2 hours later, there didn't seem to be many spots available near the Expo Center building.

I had a long talk with Steve about Fort Knox safes and then went looking for magazine clips for the Sig that I bought from Engage over Thanksgiving. But I did not see any OEM magazines and the price was not any different than what I can get directly from Sig. So I decided to pass and wait for Sig to have a free shipping deal. I also checked out a number of holsters but eventually decided to do some research before getting one. I also figured that I want one in leather and not one of the plasticky ones!

Cal68

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    In the opinion of the people who have attended...

Would it be worth while to shoulder-sling a premium/keymod Palmetto AR or an FN tactical police shotgun in hopes to sell it to another person? Have a sign on a wooden dowel coming out of the barrel with "For Sale." Using a VA FFL of course and adding a few bucks for the transfer.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I went Friday, arrived at 3:10 got in around 4:15. I found exactly what I was looking for, K38 Combat Masterpiece 1953 and ak74 mags.

Gaspasser19

Oct 17, 2015
    I went with a couple buddies this morning around 9:30. Three lines, all between 50-100 ft. long. But, everybody was paying attention and lines moved fast. Biggest turnout of attendees and vendors I've seen in a long time. They had the second room opened and packed with vendors too. We spent a good 4 hrs there, got some nice deals on ammo, etc. Enjoyed "catching up" with the Hooters' girls on the way out. All in all, a really nice day. I want to thank President Obummer for helping revitalize firearm sales and 2A passion in this country. It was alive and well this weekend in Chantilly, VA. We couldn't have done it without his stupid, bony ass!

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Got there an hour before it opened Saturday and was first in line. Lots of tacticool stuff for prices ranging from okay to absured. Some ammo wasn't a terrible deal (7.62x39 at $.25 each) but others were insane ($23+ for Prvi milsurp calibers). Some C&R for good to bad prices. I picked up a Remington 1903 Modified in cosmoline that had an AAQ rebuild cartouche but had a 1-42 barrel that gauges 0. I could've chosen an OGEK cartouched Rock Island 1903 with some wear for the same price. Also got a .303 Francotte rifle brought back from Afghanistan with paperwork.

Overall it was a good show save for not selling my 1873 Trapdoor...

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I went down yesterday about noon, no line, the place was pretty crowded. Seemed like more non-gun venders that ever, they should put them all together in the new hall and leave the main hall for the gun venders. Picked up 2, 30 round Gen3 Pmags for $20, 5, 30 round steel E-Lander mags for $45, 1 standard cap pistol magazine for $15, 3 Leather JBP holsters for $75 and 3 boxes of XTP HP bullets for reloading.
    Over all worth the trip..

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I agree that the parking lot was bad, I drove around until I saw a couple leaving get into their car and just wait in the aisle until they left.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Parking was a disaster. I got there at 11:15, and it was nearly impossible to find a spot.

Magazine prices were definitely up... pmags were a buck or two more than 6-12 months ago. Still found some good deals, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom