• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just a reminder that if you are into C&R and you don't have a Tok or P64, they can still be had at a reasonable price.
    We have seen it before, stock dries up and things like that jump $50-$100 very quickly.
    Not alot of C&R pistols on the surplus market right now, those are 2 of them however.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    CMP has service grade M1 Garands available again. Had been unavailable for 3 or so months as they were out of stock and back logged muti months on the orders already in the pipe line so new orders were suspended. Some say the end is near (they finally sold out of the HXP spam cans which were rumored to be sold off near the end of the ammo). Might not want to wait too long if you have been longing for a CMP Garand and putting it off.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    CMP has service grade M1 Garands available again. Had been unavailable for 3 or so months as they were out of stock and back logged muti months on the orders already in the pipe line so new orders were suspended. Some say the end is near (they finally sold out of the HXP spam cans which were rumored to be sold off near the end of the ammo). Might not want to wait too long if you have been longing for a CMP Garand and putting it off.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Do you know are they Limiting it to One like i heard earlier before they ran out?

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    Do you know are they Limiting it to One like i heard earlier before they ran out?

According to folks on the CMP forum no. Its 12 a year again. The limit was just being enforced for the limited availability they had at the stores during the time they were unavailable for mail order and of course during the limited offers of the carbines and IHCs.

From the FAQ section of the CMP website:
    Q?
    How many M1 rifles may I purchase per year?

A.
    Purchase of M1 Garand rifles is limited to twelve (12) per customer per calendar year - regardless of grades purchased.

The CMP occasionally also conducts other special sales programs as assets become available. These special sales and purchases through the CMP auction site do not count against the above.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    According to folks on the CMP forum no. Its 12 a year again. The limit was just being enforced for the limited availability they had at the stores during the time they were unavailable for mail order and of course during the limited offers of the carbines and IHCs.

From the FAQ section of the CMP website:
    Q?
    How many M1 rifles may I purchase per year?

A.
    Purchase of M1 Garand rifles is limited to twelve (12) per customer per calendar year - regardless of grades purchased.

The CMP occasionally also conducts other special sales programs as assets become available. These special sales and purchases through the CMP auction site do not count against the above.

Thats good to know.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Looks like Century reorganized part of their site and posted a bunch of new stuff. M1 Carbine USGI mags, tons of K98 bayonets, misc surplus rifles (a lot seem to need work like cracked stocks or missing parts or not in the best shape), ect. Might be worth a look for some folks. http://www.centuryarms.biz/categories.asp?cat=114

good catch. I was wondering when they'd be selling stuff that looks like the Samco buy.
    Looks like they are offloading a bunch of the oddball stuff.

I find it hard to buy anything there w/o some image of what grade I'm truly getting

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Anyone know how the heck to register your C&R on Century's website to buy from them?

I tried when I first got my C&R and they never got back to me about setting an account up.

Now after I just got my license renewed, I'm trying to register there again and it says I'm not entering my license number correctly, even though I'm doing it right.

Should I just try and call someone at Century and do it that way? I just emailed my license to them like it says on the website

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    Anyone know how the heck to register your C&R on Century's website to buy from them?

I tried when I first got my C&R and they never got back to me about setting an account up.

Now after I just got my license renewed, I'm trying to register there again and it says I'm not entering my license number correctly, even though I'm doing it right.

Should I just try and call someone at Century and do it that way? I just emailed my license to them like it says on the website

I don't recall if I called or emailed them, but I had to contact them. I think I called. Once I did, it was resolved pretty quickly. I remember at the time that having to contact them after attempting to register was pretty much the consensus for most folks.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

Due to the high volume of electronic account submissions, creation of your customer file could take up to one week. To shorten this time, please be aware that a signed copy and contact information needs to be included in the original submittal. 72 hours after original submission, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.527.1252 and your account will be verified and activated for online use. Please remember, ffl@centuryarms.com is a submittal email only. Thank you for your patronage and future business.”

or customerservice@centuryarms.com

You can also try this if the above doesnt work. i had problems also. folks emailing me from this email finally got it straight. but that was a year or so ago. support@centuryarms.zendesk.com

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    What has been the cond of the current CMP Service grades? Has it been the same as in the past? or has it went down due to lack of rifles?

Kinda at two ends of the spectrum. Reviewing the forums some folks have been reporting reparked (albeit military) with CMP wood and others reporting a lot of LEAD rebuilds with LEAD stocks likely rebuilt and never reissued (most desirable short of getting its original USGI issue wood IMO). But who knows what they will have in a month. I'm sure with them taking orders again there will be a flood of takers.

There were some folks awhile back saying they thought they got CMP reparked stuff (maybe CMP did it, maybe not), but it seemed to be hit or miss.... and from what I've seen on the CMP forum nothing too recent. CMP forum is a good way to see what has been going out recently.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Kinda at two ends of the spectrum. Reviewing the forums some folks have been reporting reparked (albeit military) with CMP wood and others reporting a lot of LEAD rebuilds with LEAD stocks likely rebuilt and never reissued (most desirable short of getting its original USGI issue wood IMO). But who knows what they will have in a month. I'm sure with them taking orders again there will be a flood of takers.

There were some folks awhile back saying they thought they got CMP reparked stuff (maybe CMP did it, maybe not), but it seemed to be hit or miss.... and from what I've seen on the CMP forum nothing too recent. CMP forum is a good way to see what has been going out recently.

10-4. thanks for the info

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/m96swedishmauser

Some real bargains to be had today boys!

You can have your very own Swede M96 for almost $1000!

Hmm, I'm thinking a buyer has NO CLUE what is matching and what is not.
    Looking at the one stock photo they posted, that bore is marked a 3.

Got my Swedish Mauser at the HoCo show last spring for $350 still in cosmo.
    All matching except barrel band.

Great rifles, but don't see why those early ones would be worth what they are posting unless maybe it was assigned to Olof Thornell

I have no clue about the sniper sight one.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I just got my new C&R license in the mail Saturday. Looks like it might be a while before I have the need to use it.

Don't be so sure about that. Online estate-sale auctions are the devil and will make your paychecks disappear faster than anything. I rarely buy from any of the main companies (JG Sales, AIM, Classic) anymore. I have an auction house out of the Cleveland area that I deal with on a regular basis. Have picked up some very nice pieces for next to nothing from them.

Case in point: Riverside Arms (Savage Stevens) that I picked up last fall for $60 including shipping.

14102520_10209282717040007_7167026990986658792_n.jpg

I use her almost weekly for trap and for pheasant and chuckar up in PA.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Interestingly enough, Century gave me an account a couple hours ago after I sent them my C&R on Saturday. Looks like they have a lot of nice stuff from the Samco buy. Most of it says "cracked stocks" though.

I'm especially interested in the VZ-52 rifles they have for a fairly decent price in VG condition. Anybody know if these came from the Samco buy or are they leftovers from Century's old "bed liner specials"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom