• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    is the sig mosquito junk ?
    I shot one today at horst and mccan and I did like it
    shot decent and was easy to handle felt close to a 226
    I am telling my wife how we need a .22 cal pistol for the whole family to shoot lol
    and I thought the sig would be a good buy
    am I wrong ?
    other suggestions ?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I have heard good thing about Rugers, but I just cant get past their looks. The Sig with threaded barrel really caught my eye.

Wait till you see JeepDrivers or my daughters, you can do some cool stuff with barrels and such. Take a look at the pac-lite barrels from tactical solutions.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I have heard good thing about Rugers, but I just cant get past their looks. The Sig with threaded barrel really caught my eye.

the 22/45 line looks better if you ask me, the bull barrel really helps. I'd be wary of the sig just because so many people have had trouble with them. I have heard less complaining of late, but their first run was terrible.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    standard.jpg

Ruger 22/45 with Tactical Solutions Threaded upper & Tactical Innovations Tac 65

It's the only 22 pistol I shoot anymore. The Mosquito & Walther are retired.

Until I get the one piece Oasis upper :D:D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wait till you see JeepDrivers or my daughters, you can do some cool stuff with barrels and such. Take a look at the pac-lite barrels from tactical solutions.

Keep in mind, on the ruger mk2 (not 100%sure if the 22/45 is the same) the Barrel and reciever are 1 peice, and are the actual "firearm" with the serial # and all. To get a barrel for a mk2 requires all the same paperwork as buying another pistol, so if you don't like the barrel it comes with, or want to replace it with a tac-lite or threaded barrel, there is some inherent hassle. This is also part of the reason I sold mine, they do indeed make everything in the world for it, but not everyone wants a pistol they have to work on to fix a crappy trigger, steep grip angle, or a pain in the A$$ takedown procedure.

I sold my MK II, bought a buckmark hunter, and never have missed that thing. And if I wanted a tac-lite threaded barrel for my buckmark, it can be shipped to the house.

Attachments

• 22s.jpg
      22s.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 207

m21att1

Nov 19, 2007
    I picked one of mine up used in excellent condition for $210.00. I think new they are about $350 or so in Maryland. It also depends on if you want the 3.4 inch barrel or the 5 inch. My Dad picked one up in equally good condition for $240.00.

If you want to use a suppressor on your Buckmark do it with this warning....you might want to throw the rest of your pistols away!!

The Buckmark is one SWEET gun with a can and holographic sight. With AutoMatch mine will shoot tennis balls at 50 yds using the red dot...I think it has radar or somethin!!

Here it is back when it had real glass on it. Ill try to get a new pic.

Attachments

• DSC04279.jpg
      DSC04279.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 98
    Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i've got too many darn .22 pistols. i'm sellin my p22 to one of our fine members. at some later date i may pick up another, but at this point, i shoot my Single Action Army (aldo uberti) .22LR/.22WMR more, and the GF likes her CZ more than she likes my p22 (despite the SIGNIFICANT difference in ammo cost!). my p22 is a great little shooter, but with three lockers full of toys, room needs to be cleared!

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    i've got too many darn .22 pistols. i'm sellin my p22 to one of our fine members. at some later date i may pick up another, but at this point, i shoot my Single Action Army (aldo uberti) .22LR/.22WMR more, and the GF likes her CZ more than she likes my p22 (despite the SIGNIFICANT difference in ammo cost!). my p22 is a great little shooter, but with three lockers full of toys, room needs to be cleared!

What would you let it go for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom