• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I know, even Scott told me the 9mm 1911's are just flat out weird as hell when I dropped mine off up there.

Will the nitride finish make a difference on the wearing of stainless? I know stainless can gall and figured the nitride coating would help with t hat or they wouldn't use it?

I didn't think about the gold dot, that may be a change to the plan right there.

I was going to have the bulletproof safety sent to NH since I had read many good things about them, funny enough, since they were out of stock I decided to go with the in house NH model so as to not delay the build. So much for that.

I told the guy I would sit on it for a couple days and see. It'll give me time to figure it all out.

The Nitride helps a little, it hardens the surface from my understanding.

Sounds like you will end up with a good 1911, wether its 9mm or ,45 ACP.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    can you get your money back that is a joke of a time frame. I am getting 2 custom Ak's done faster lol

LOL, I haven't paid anything out yet, i'll sleep on it and figure it out later. I just watched the state of the union. I'm too disgusted and pissed to make a decision now.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The Nitride helps a little, it hardens the surface from my understanding.

Sounds like you will end up with a good 1911, wether its 9mm or ,45 ACP.

I'll think about it, I kinda had my head wrapped around getting one from those guys for whatever reason. Once I get fixated on something, I don't usually let go.

Sometimes that's a good quality, sometimes it's a bad one.

I appreciate your input, it's always nice to have another point of view.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'll think about it, I kinda had my head wrapped around getting one from those guys for whatever reason. Once I get fixated on something, I don't usually let go.

Sometimes that's a good quality, sometimes it's a bad one.

I appreciate your input, it's always nice to have another point of view.

Glad to help you think it out. Another option mentioned is you could always get a Baer and then have the gun deburred/dehorned, refinished, swap sights, and swap grips. Youll still be at about what a Nighthawk runs.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Glad to help you think it out. Another option mentioned is you could always get a Baer and then have the gun deburred/dehorned, refinished, swap sights, and swap grips. Youll still be at about what a Nighthawk runs.

I'm going to get on the Baer site and see what they have. Wilson and Brown too.

Like I said, I figured since Nighthawk hasn't been around as long as the others the lead time wouldn't be so bad. I'll fall back and regroup a little and see what I come up with.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I have one Baer that is blue and has 8-10 K on it and the blueing looks real good like new . Another opshion is hard chrome which I have on another Baer with 5K+ and boy does that look good!!!. Like any other blueing you need to take care of it after you shoot it. I have a friend I shoot with has a Ed Brown I think it is the Classic model in stainless that is very!! nice !!
    Now don't get me wrong it does not look like old python blueing , but what else does.
    You could put your hands on a Baer at Atlantic guns in Rockville and Gun Center in Frederick Hendershots in Hegerstown has Browns in stock as well.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Baer is definitely the way to go, especially if you plan to shoot the pistol. If you only want it for display, I would suggest the Colt Custom Shop.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Baer is definitely the way to go, especially if you plan to shoot the pistol. If you only want it for display, I would suggest the Colt Custom Shop.

No, it's not going to be a display piece, it's going to be a shooter and if I ever make it to a free state, a carry gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom