• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Yep - they got it through. Banned any mags of more than 10 rounds. No granfather clause either so your 20 and 30 round mags are not allowed on any range and are effectively contraband (to the tune of 18 months in jail) after 6/2011.

Now we all know this is 100% made up, but my point is this:

How many would bitch a fit were this to happen? Raise your hands!

OK - now how many with raised hands are turning out tomorrow, 2/10/2011 in Annapolis to voice your opposition to this bill.

Just what I thought - talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. :mad54:

Complacency is our enemy men and women and all I ever see out of shoters is just that - complacent members of a group who's rights are under attack.

Shame on each and every one of you that meets this criteria :envy:

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Have to work overtime tomarrow to feed my family. Family comes before guns. Sorry cant make it. So shame on me for not being able to go.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Have to work overtime tomarrow to feed my family. Family comes before guns. Sorry cant make it. So shame on me for not being able to go.

Nope, not shame on you. There's still work that can be done that doesn't require attendence. If you can't be there, can you call the committee offices or send them an email? We know that not everyone can attend the hearings but flooding thier inboxes helps a lot too.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Nope, not shame on you. There's still work that can be done that doesn't require attendence. If you can't be there, can you call the committee offices or send them an email? We know that not everyone can attend the hearings but flooding thier inboxes helps a lot too.

Amen - BOYS Saddle up and ride like the wind!

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Not trying to offend anyone, just trying to make a point that this is a serious issue we all need to devotewhat time/energy we can.

Emails, calls, faxes are easy to do from home.

Every seemingly small voice will cause a large din in unison.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Just the way you posted it. Made me feel guilty for not being able to go. Times are tough right now and it wasnt really directed at you so much as the crooks in the Baltimore City Gov't. I would go and try to be proactive in the 2A community but times are tough right now for my family and a lot of others in my Dept.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Yep - they got it through. Banned any mags of more than 10 rounds. No granfather clause either so your 20 and 30 round mags are not allowed on any range and are effectively contraband (to the tune of 18 months in jail) after 6/2011.

Now we all know this is 100% made up, but my point is this:

How many would bitch a fit were this to happen? Raise your hands!

OK - now how many with raised hands are turning out tomorrow, 2/10/2011 in Annapolis to voice your opposition to this bill.

Just what I thought - talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. :mad54:

Complacency is our enemy men and women and all I ever see out of shoters is just that - complacent members of a group who's rights are under attack.

Shame on each and every one of you that meets this criteria :envy:

Yep, can't make it... Wish I could... Unfortunately I'm in this organization called the United States Navy, and they pretty much dictate my schedule. I have written these people, it doesn't seem to change their minds. I will write them again, but as always the legislature hear seems to be deaf on this issue because they KNOW that you guys will keep electing them!!! I can't vote in Maryland as I am not a resident of Maryland and NEVER will be.

Good luck guys and keep up the pressure.

Mark

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thank you Mark (and others). We all understand what it's like to have a schedule. I'm always heartened that members of our board that aren't even MD residents (alucard, rattlesnake, jpk1md and others) are willing to spend thier time and efforts to advance rights here.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Who (on our side) is taking care of signing people up to testify?

Last time I went down to testify we all signed in as we got there. Spot showed me where to sign in. Do you think we need to station someone by the book?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Last time I went down to testify we all signed in as we got there. Spot showed me where to sign in. Do you think we need to station someone by the book?

Sign yourselves in. The book will right outside the hearing room on the right side as you walk into the little lobby there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom