• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This

legal transport (not carry) to approved destinations agree.

Having it on you (carry) and traveling with it everywhere.. risky.
    no it's not

i looked up the exact wording. carry is an allowed method under 4-203 if involved in an allowed activity.

unloaded WEAR & CARRY is 100% legal

item 4

VA is not an issue as loaded OC is legal

Attachments

• 4-203-3.jpg
      4-203-3.jpg
      2.7 KB · Views: 559
    • 4-203-2.jpg
      4-203-2.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 561

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If you haven't figured out his bail status yet PM me the info and I'll let you know.

It'll be at the bottom of his MD Case Search page but can get a little confusing with UPB (Unsecured Personal Bond) listings and what not.

If it's at the bottom listed HWOB twice that means Court Commish denied bail and so did the judge at the review. He would have to file a request through the courts for another hearing.

Get your Peace Order and apply for the permit.

More importantly cut your ties with these folks and move on with your life.

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    Md. Code, Criminal Law sec. 4-101(b)(4) provides that the prohibition on carrying "dangerous weapons" does not apply to "an individual who carries the weapon as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger, subject to the right of the court in an action arising under this section to judge the reasonableness of the carrying of the weapon, and the proper occasion for carrying it, under the evidence in the case."

The foregoing does not, however, apply to handguns. See Md. Code, Criminal Law sec. 5-101(5)(ii)(1) (defining "dangerous weapon" as not including a handgun). Handguns are separately regulated by, among other statutes, Md. Code, Criminal Law sec. 4-203, which does not contain an exception for cases involving "reasonable precaution against apprehended danger."

Long ago, before the current Code was adopted, "pistols" were covered under the general weapons statute (at the time, Art. 27, sec. 36), could be carried openly and fell within a "reasonable precaution against apprehended danger" exception. That is no longer the case.

MSP has the ability to hand-walk a permit through the same day in exigent circumstances, including deferring at least some part of the background investigation. At some point, its internal procedures specifically provided for such treatment for law enforcement personnel. While the likelihood that the current administration would process a "regular person's" application on this basis is probably extremely remote, it could be worth making the request if the threat in question is, in fact, quite immediate.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    no it's not

i looked up the exact wording. carry is an allowed method under 4-203 if involved in an allowed activity.

unloaded WEAR & CARRY is 100% legal

item 4

VA is not an issue as loaded OC is legal
    Key word.. ALLOWED activity.

What was suggested IS in grey area.

The op is not going to be in "allowed activities" 24/7.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    agreed on that part. but someone said you can't wear the firearm during transport. I'll just qualify it to say it's legal for an allowed activity.

how's that?
    This is your opinion..

Everyone has theirs. I stand with caution... suggesting it is 100% legal until you have proof (case study or AG letter ).

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    What good is carrying an unloaded firearm? No different than carrying a brick. There is one difference, carrying a brick wont get you stopped and arrested to let the court sort it out.It may be legal, but that wont stop someone a$$hat calling LE for a man with a gun.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    What good is carrying an unloaded firearm? No different than carrying a brick. There is one difference, carrying a brick wont get you stopped and arrested to let the court sort it out.It may be legal, but that wont stop someone a$$hat calling LE for a man with a gun.

Don't disagree. The issue was it legal to wear a firearm to transport it for an allowed activity. The statute says it is legal. The other portions are indeed a gray area.

YMMV of course.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Checked Iotas site, they have courses this weekend

Tom:

First off, I really hope that you're ok. I can't imagine how frightening this whole situation is, and I don't want to armchair quarterback this from my safe seat on the sidelines. You have to keep yourself and your family safe.

That said:
    Please, PLEASE do not patronize Iota. They are not only sub-par instruction (according to many who have taken their classes and been given bad information) but they are also owned and operated by Courtney White, who was one of the infamous members of the Handgun Permit Review Board who not only voted against people getting permits for good reasons (like yours) on multiple occasions, but also made comments such as saying that if someone was scared enough to walk his dog in his neighborhood that he wanted a permit, that he should just go walk in a mall instead.

In short, she is NOT a friend of our community and has voted against people like you getting permits in the past, all while taking their money to train them for said permit.

Like I said, you gotta do what you gotta do to get your training, but I am certain that one of our other IPs would be able to meet your needs who doesn't actively work against her own students.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Tom:

First off, I really hope that you're ok. I can't imagine how frightening this whole situation is, and I don't want to armchair quarterback this from my safe seat on the sidelines. You have to keep yourself and your family safe.

That said:
    Please, PLEASE do not patronize Iota. They are not only sub-par instruction (according to many who have taken their classes and been given bad information) but they are also owned and operated by Courtney White, who was one of the infamous members of the Handgun Permit Review Board who not only voted against people getting permits for good reasons (like yours) on multiple occasions, but also made comments such as saying that if someone was scared enough to walk his dog in his neighborhood that he wanted a permit, that he should just go walk in a mall instead.

In short, she is NOT a friend of our community and has voted against people like you getting permits in the past, all while taking their money to train them for said permit.

Like I said, you gotta do what you gotta do to get your training, but I am certain that one of our other IPs would be able to meet your needs who doesn't actively work against her own students.

Thank you for posting this.

I would also add that during one of the HPRB hearings she had a client (MDS member) that came before the board and she publicly recused herself from the case but when the hearing was done in closed session she interjected copious amounts of blather. There is a thread with audio of the closed session floating around somewhere. Truly disingenuous, to be kind....

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    He's out on bail, two of his punk friends met me outside of court house and threatened me, going back tomorrow.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    If you have a protective order the upstanding citizen that threatened you will legally lose his firearms. Multiple threats can only help get a permit. Report them so there is a record. Contact MSI. I believe they can help you immensely with your situation. Watch your back in the mean time. They will know where you are according to the court schedule. Stop using social media. If you work in one location inform your employer and ask permission to carry at work. Become the gray man. Have any out of town trips planned?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    He's out on bail, two of his punk friends met me outside of court house and threatened me, going back tomorrow.

I knew they would let him out. The judicial system is a complete joke.

I have been through this my friend.

Need a soft vest? Ill let you use mine.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Well that sucks.

Please say you filed a police report about the additional threats and harassment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom