• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnnyeastside

Jun 8, 2009
    Abingdon
    I'm selling my XD9 because I really want a smaller gun. It's only used for home defense, and range practice. I only carry around the house so I wanted something that I could slip in my back pocket. I really want the G26, I figure that with the 17rnd mags it's like 2 guns in one. A buddy of mine has a good deal on a mint 1911 and I've been thinking about that as well. I don't know much about them except they are more complicated than the Glock, and it would be nice to have a .45.
    I feel like my heart is saying Glock and my brain is saying 1911.
    Oh, and with the Glock I could also get the Sub2k in the future to share mags.

case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    Glock would be my vote. I own more than 1 glock and more than 1 1911, if I had to give up either the glocks or the 1911's I would keep the glocks. And of course glock makes a .45 as well so you don't have to make a choice between a glock or a .45, while the 30 isn't as small as the 26 it's a great pistol.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    I'm sure that a 1911 is larger than XD 9. It is definitely a nicer choice than Glock. If you get a chance hold one, and you will see. Every American should own a 1911.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    This is a no brainer, if your not going to carry the weapon (CCW), and it's just for range use and home defense then 1911. I have a G27 same size just different cal. and it's not a range gun at all, it's a last ditch, save your a__, save your Balls kinda firearm. It's barrel length is too short to fully utilize your shooting experience. Seriously, the 1911 platform can be a tack driver if your willing to invest in good mags and know the what your buying, some 1911's can be jam-o-matics. Don't get me wrong you can get good at shooting the G26, but your going to end up buying another gun sooner rather then later (ask me how I know). If you still want the G26 and buy it shoot me a PM and I'll buy your friend's 1911, I'm serious.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    G27 is terribly uncomfortable to shoot due to the ergos, if you want a good compact 9/.40 then get a S&W M&P compact.

Get a good 1911 over the Glock compact, all day every day.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I'm selling my XD9 because I really want a smaller gun. It's only used for home defense, and range practice. I only carry around the house so I wanted something that I could slip in my back pocket. I really want the G26, I figure that with the 17rnd mags it's like 2 guns in one. A buddy of mine has a good deal on a mint 1911 and I've been thinking about that as well. I don't know much about them except they are more complicated than the Glock, and it would be nice to have a .45.
    I feel like my heart is saying Glock and my brain is saying 1911.
    Oh, and with the Glock I could also get the Sub2k in the future to share mags.

Why not a .45 ACP Glock? G36?

Johnnyeastside

Jun 8, 2009
    Abingdon
    Thanks for the replies, but you guys aren't making it easier. The 1911 in question is a Springfield, but I don't know which one yet. I never wanted a manual safety, but I still feel uncomfortable keeping the XD chambered all the time. I have to move the gun too many times, it's not like it goes in a holster and I carry it around all day. So, manual safety might be the solution here. However, the Glock and XD don't have external hammers, and to be honest, having never owned a gun like that, I don't know to manipulate them, so I'm more comfortable with the idea of the Glock, maybe G19 instead? but then why not the 26 with different mags to suit.
    Geez, I guess I do need both, but that ain't happening.

Johnnyeastside

Jun 8, 2009
    Abingdon
    Hmmm Glock 36 is very interesting to me......but what about the 30, sans slimline? I just need to go to a rental range and shoot some guns I guess. That's all there is to it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The G19 is a whole different issue. Much easier to control than the G26. It's one of the world's most popular 9mm's for a good reason.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Glock 30's good actually great, good control and is the size of a glock 19 with a thicker slide, if your friend is selling his springfield pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom