• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Laugh at us because he is all powerful?

Laugh at us like after all the times he's been thwarted, he finally has the upper hand, think of the 2 bad guys in Home Alone when they finally get their hands on the kid. Hopefully MSI, SAF, NRA will be like the old man with the snow shovel.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    You should finish reading the conversation between Zoo and I before foaming at the mouth.

read: http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=1993136&postcount=106

I manned up and admitted my error. We're all on the same side here and freedom & liberty is at stake. I in no way desire to throw anyone under the bus. And Zookeeper showed me where my thinking was wrong and could fracture the solidarity of 2A adherents which I in no way want to do.

You, however, inadvertently, added credibility to that argument. http://ssristories.com/index.php Foam at the mouth and "Shoot" from the hip much?

Frosh & the libs may be founding their arguments on gun ownership and mental stability, though their "intent" is otherwise. Anyone who says that mental stability is not an issue regarding access to guns and exhibited violent behavior is as much a moron as Frosh & the libs - no matter who they are trying to protect.

You need to chill!

So you want to persecute the mentally ill to save the gun owners?

What is WRONG with people??

<--- on SSRIs...hasn't shot anyone yet.

You want to talk about mental health...then talk about all of the people who are PRESCRIBED SSRIs and left to their own devices when what they REALLY need is a therapist who gives a sh!t and isn't just trying to sell quick-fixes.

You are no better than the politicians, who take action without thinking they have to know ANYTHING about what they're talking about. As long as it isn't YOU who's getting effed over by ignorance, ignorance is OK, right? "Don't tread on me...go tread on HIM."

You are the kind of person who the antis point to when they talk about "crazy gun-owners with one-track minds". F*ck your guns. The underlying issue is freedom and personal responsibility. Everyone wants someone or something to blame, because you can't ban people from being crazy/morons.

You are the kind of person that people like Frosh found their misguided arguments on.

Thanks for that.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    First they complain that handgun crime is the problem and say handguns need to be regulated. They say citizens should not be able to carry concealed handguns as long guns are an option. Then they say long guns are the problem.

When gov't regulation of in other areas requires a cost/benefit analysis, why does other legislation not require scientific proof it will achieve the desired outcome. In CCW arguments, our side argues that increasing CCW in FL has not led to blood in the streets.

Can anyone provide a link to research by independent firms supporting our position re: AR-15's in circulation and changes in law (e.g. in California) have not made an impact?

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    First they complain that handgun crime is the problem and say handguns need to be regulated. They say citizens should not be able to carry concealed handguns as long guns are an option. Then they say long guns are the problem.

When gov't regulation of in other areas requires a cost/benefit analysis, why does other legislation not require scientific proof it will achieve the desired outcome. In CCW arguments, our side argues that increasing CCW in FL has not led to blood in the streets.

Can anyone provide a link to research by independent firms supporting our position re: AR-15's in circulation and changes in law (e.g. in California) have not made an impact?

perhaps this link would help: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

If you show that firearm sales are up, in some cases almost 50% and that link shows how murder rates have dropped in each state with stats. But notice that many of the states with the most severe gun restrictions have higher rates of murder. Shows there is no correlation to increased gun sales and blood on the streets.

It's not AR-15 specific but maybe this would help.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Within the last week I've heard both O'malley and Obama say that "assault weapons" are not needed for hunting or protecting your family. Did they really just admit we have a right to defend ourselves? I wonder if our push for shall issue could be affected by all this. I've even heard folks in the liberal media say "not even for protection" which to me means they recognize some need for protection.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Within the last week I've heard both O'malley and Obama say that "assault weapons" are not needed for hunting or protecting your family. Did they really just admit we have a right to defend ourselves? I wonder if our push for shall issue could be affected by all this. I've even heard folks in the liberal media say "not even for protection" which to me means they recognize some need for protection.

You must have misheard them:innocent0

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    The pres said something on the 11:45 press conference on wbal yesterday, about the people having the right to bear arms, "which they do" <-- quote

see, this is the antis typical goal post moving. now that they think they can ban anything other than six shot revolvers and shotguns, they can afford to bend a little on that self-defense nonsense. <-- sarcasm, of course.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Flipped the TV on today and chapped my butt to hear a police chief saying no citizens should own "hi capacity magazines".

The first line of police are the public, us. "The public are the police, the police are the public", would say Sir Robert Peel.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I love your optimism. I don't share it, but damn I do admire it. I'm not being facetious. I mean it!

Bongino is on WBAL now and sounds pretty reasonable.

The reason I saw that is because it's so much easier to fight when your opponent's true motives are known.

WRONG.

It has been an established right since the bill of rights. (Right to self-defense has been around since the book of Genesis)
    It has only been "blessed" by the courts since Heller. However courts do not make law, they only determine justice between two parties.

Legally speaking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom