• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So, what happens if they lose? Why gloat before you are dealt your hand?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    What a bunch of morons at the Sun. They are arguing that since something has been law for years, it cannot be overturned. They should have read Heller a little closer. DC passed its ban in 1973 and some 32 years later it was found to be unconstitutional. I think the assault pistol ban is unconstitutional too. Hopefully, the lawsuit covers that and can make the argument that those "assault pistols" are commonly used throughout the country.

Has any other state with a licensing requirement had the constitutionality of it challenged? I doubt it.

Also, O'Malley stating that gun bans have worked for California, New Jersey, New York, Maine, etc. to reduce gun deaths and should work for Maryland too ignores a lot of other things going on. For instance, New York was using stop and frisk tactics that were recently found to be unconstitutional. There are a lot of factors that go behind increased or reduced crime. It can also be argued that increased gun ownership and easier CCW provisions in other states has led to reduced crime. We should try those methods too.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If anyone has access to a Sun paper tomorrow, make sure to clip out the poll. I would say to then use the rest as toilet paper, but I think all of our asses are way too good for their sh!t.

bwceng11

MDS Supporter
    Nov 26, 2012
    Towson
    What??????!!!! Really???

More than 80 percent of Marylanders — including 68 percent of gun owners — support the fingerprinting of handgun purchasers. Research has shown what common sense would suggest: that states with rigorous handgun licensing requirements see fewer legally-sold guns being diverted to criminals. For example, after Missouri repealed its licensing law in 2007, gun diversions to criminals surged and gun homicides increased 25 percent.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I do not care if 99% want it, if it is unconstitutional then it should not be. That is why I do not put much faith or weight to Amicus breifs, I do not care if 1,000,000,000 groups are for something and only one is for it, the Constitution should prevail.

NOBODY

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom