• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Ruger LCR .22LR - No hammer for single action and the double action was just too heavy for my daughter, and even I, to keep it on target.

Sold for a loss :(

Scarab

Easyjk

Dec 12, 2014
    Glock 27. My concealed carry option changed and need to send this one to a better home. Oh wait, no concealed carry for me in Maryland. Still needs a new owner.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Benelli Super Black Eagle II, worst gun I've ever shot. I had to have one! Shot it and said wtf did I just do!? It had the worst kick out of ANYTHING I have ever shot and I couldn't hit Micheal Moore at 3 feet. Horrible, horrible purchase. Couldn't sell it fast enough.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Benelli Super Black Eagle II, worst gun I've ever shot. I had to have one! Shot it and said wtf did I just do!? It had the worst kick out of ANYTHING I have ever shot and I couldn't hit Micheal Moore at 3 feet. Horrible, horrible purchase. Couldn't sell it fast enough.

I'm sorry to hear that. I have a SBE II and love. One of the few reports I've heard of someone not liking a Benelli.

What'd you replace it with?

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I'm sorry to hear that. I have a SBE II and love. One of the few reports I've heard of someone not liking a Benelli.

What'd you replace it with?

I ended up replacing it with the browning maxus which was what I was on the fence about getting between the 2. Yeah I'm not sure if it was a bad gun or what because I had 4 other people shoot it and said the same thing about it.

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    Ruger 22/45 threaded.

I regret it, since I was shopping for a good suppressor host, and I bought it knowing only internet folklore about its merits as a host for a 22lr can.

It was way louder than expected, so it was immediately relegated to my dad as a practice pistol.

Bad move on my part, and it was a $300 lesson.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Ruger 22/45 threaded.

I regret it, since I was shopping for a good suppressor host, and I bought it knowing only internet folklore about its merits as a host for a 22lr can.

It was way louder than expected, so it was immediately relegated to my dad as a practice pistol.

Bad move on my part, and it was a $300 lesson.

Buy a used S&W 422, 622, or 2206 for a nice suppressor host. Barrels are already threaded, just need an adapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    On an impulse some years ago I bought one of those Henry AR-7 "survival" .22s from WalMart, you know, the gun that fits in its own stock and floats! It is a really neat concept but boy, I was unimpressed!

First, it was not accurate. At all. If I needed to shoot a small critter for food in a survival situation, this rifle would not have done the job. Fail.

Second, and almost as problematic, it would not function without constantly jamming.

I sold it ASAP and have not missed it. So far, that is the only firearm I ever regretted buying. Maybe I had a dud or maybe they all were that way, I don't know. Cool concept, poorly executed.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    On an impulse some years ago I bought one of those Henry AR-7 "survival" .22s from WalMart, you know, the gun that fits in its own stock and floats! It is a really neat concept but boy, I was unimpressed!

First, it was not accurate. At all. If I needed to shoot a small critter for food in a survival situation, this rifle would not have done the job. Fail.

Second, and almost as problematic, it would not function without constantly jamming.

I sold it ASAP and have not missed it. So far, that is the only firearm I ever regretted buying. Maybe I had a dud or maybe they all were that way, I don't know. Cool concept, poorly executed.

I ALMOST bought one a year ago. Read WAY too many stories just like yours. Glad I passed.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    A little Kahr 9mm single stack pistol was my most regrettable purchase. Didn't fit me well and stung to shoot along with minute of barn door accuracy. Still have it though. Others were a couple of junk .22's to 'restore' that just take up safe space now. I also have a decent Yugo SKS that's just too nose heavy to enjoy. I'd trade it in a heart beat for a comparable standard SKS.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I'm highly surprised. I picked up a Benelli Nova, a buddy picked up a Benelli Nova Tactical, and another buddy picked up a Bennli Nova and Benelli Super Nova Tactical. We all love them and shoot them frequently.

Maybe you got one that was slightly off?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    S&W M&P 9
    S&W M&P 9C
    S&W M&P 9 Shield
    S&W M&P .22

Bought all of these used and sold them all for at least what I paid. I am sure they are all fine guns, but they all shot way too low for me. I do not like having to cover the target with the muzzle

Mossberg 930 JM Pro

This gun is truly a piece of shit if you actually plan to use it regularly - Sold it for a loss and bought a Benelli m2 - very happy now

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I ended up replacing it with the browning maxus which was what I was on the fence about getting between the 2. Yeah I'm not sure if it was a bad gun or what because I had 4 other people shoot it and said the same thing about it.

Same thing. Although I brought my SBE2 from a coworker who had won it in a raffle. I used it one waterfowl season. Nicely made, but I couldn't hit with it. Sold it for $800, what I paid, and got a Maxus. Love that gun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom