• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The Officer's statement of exemption was correct. His only error was the size restrictions on magazines in Maryland. For non exempt persons, the limit is 10 rounds ... Not 20.

Officer Friendly said non-LEO POSSESSION was illegal and his LEO status allowed him to possess, not simply purchase

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    At a friends for thanksgiving and her son, a balto co. pd office and I were talking and he said he was glad he was exempt from the 20 + round mag limit.

I informed him that they were illegal to transfer or buy in MD but you can own. He said I was wrong and I asked him if he would like to bet 1000 rounds of .223?

He called a friend and he said I was correct, I dislike cops who spout misinformation as law.

Just a rant.

NOBODY

Officer Friendly said non-LEO POSSESSION was illegal and his LEO status allowed him to possess, not simply purchase
    WHY... Please tell us WHY you are reading something into the OP which is CLEARLY NOT THERE?

Folks... can ANYONE show me wherein that distinction is noted in the OP post quoted above?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Don't know about anyone eldse, but it's what I gathered from the thread title.

Either way...no big deal.

Even the title does not reach that level of assumption.
    The statement in the OP is NOT reflective of the title...
    The titles around here are frequently different from the actual posting in the thread.
    My comments are relative to the part where the OP states...
    At a friends for thanksgiving and her son, a balto co. pd office and I were talking and he said he was glad he was exempt from the 20 + round mag limit.

"20" should have been "10". But the rest of the statement is true. He IS exempt.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    OK, Nobody has to settle this ... did the officer tell you 20+ mags were illegal for non-LEO to possess and he was happy to be exempt or was he only talking about purchase?

Please clarify for the LEO's who are certain your acquaintence only meant purchase.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I have heard of the > 10 round ban from multiple people. I think it was how it was portrayed on the news in 2013 as a "ban" instead of just transfer restriction.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The +10 "ban" was a feel good restriction that Frosh and the rest of the septic tank put in as an additional restriction, even thought it means little, just to have another restriction.

They knew it was nigh on to useless... but it's Maryland.

Fight back in January.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The +10 "ban" was a feel good restriction that Frosh and the rest of the septic tank put in as an additional restriction, even thought it means little, just to have another restriction.

They knew it was nigh on to useless... but it's Maryland.

Fight back in January.

Maryland's new motto... Feel Good in Maryland. :lol2:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    QFT and now the Chief is licking Kamenutz's boots and chomping at the bit to further violate his oath of office by "protecting" illegal aliens from federal authorities. SOB ignores the Constitution and law when he doesn't like it, and makes up rights that simply don't exist to suit his own idea of what is proper, all while violating his oath and stumbling to Washington to preach in front of Congress on behalf of OweBobo as many times as he can. BalCo needs a guy like Gahler.

I remember when the Firearms Silliness Act was passed and the liberals were screaming things like "not their choice", "Oath of Office", "Swore to uphold", and even "treason" about the sheriffs who said they would not enforce it. Now when the shoe is on the other foot, it's okay.

I think what we need is an anonymous 800 number local cops in "Sanctuary Cities" can call to report when they have illegals in custody. And a whistleblower law to protect the ones that use it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I remember when the Firearms Silliness Act was passed and the liberals were screaming things like "not their choice", "Oath of Office", "Swore to uphold", and even "treason" about the sheriffs who said they would not enforce it. Now when the shoe is on the other foot, it's okay.

I think what we need is an anonymous 800 number local cops in "Sanctuary Cities" can call to report when they have illegals in custody. And a whistleblower law to protect the ones that use it.

It has been pointed out many times on this forum, that anything the Dems complain about seems to be their actual point of view.

Amazing, but true!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    After 3 1/2 years, there are still uniformed people. I was in a local gun shop the other day and the clerk got on the subject of magazines. He said "I'm glad I bought 15 and 20 round mags before the law took effect. I leave em at home since its illegal to use them or carry them." I informed him that was not the case... possession wasn't illegal nor was use of them. He said "Well my understanding of the law is..." I opened up my phone, showed him the email from the MSP gun licensing division where they stated directly to me that possession of magazines greater than 10 rounds was not illegal...only buying, selling, transferring, or manufacturing them WITHIN the state of MD was. I also showed him the email that stated LEOs were EXEMPT from the magazine restrictions. He again reiterated his "understanding". Not trying to be a smart a$$, I said "Here it is in black and white from the ONES who oversee and enforce these things. He still refused to believe it. Our own worst enemies sometimes are some of the uniformed dealers:sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I give them one chance to see the truth, if they still insist they are right and everyone else is wrong, I let them live in their own little world. It's their story and I'm just a character.

J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

I informed him that they were illegal to transfer or buy in MD but you can own. He said I was wrong and I asked him if he would like to bet 1000 rounds of .223?

He called a friend and he said I was correct, I dislike cops who spout misinformation as law.

Just a rant.

NOBODY

WHY... Please tell us WHY you are reading something into the OP which is CLEARLY NOT THERE?

Folks... can ANYONE show me wherein that distinction is noted in the OP post quoted above?

Any questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom