• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Met

07 FFL / 02 SOT
    Nov 1, 2015
    Hello everyone.

I have a metal fab shop over in Millersville. The gun division is separate so don't get your hopes too high because you won't be doing any of that (for now).
    I need 2 people right now.

We are in need of a welder/fabricator. This is not a robot welder position where you will do the same things over and over. We have many different projects going on including fabricating modifications on heavy trucks, smokers, caging fabrication. Both MIG and TIG are required but mostly MIG. For this position mostly mild steel with some stainless. Certs are not needed but you will have to pass a hands on test and random quality checks. This position is gong to require fabricating pieces from drawings as well as thinking on your feet to get 1 off projects done. Must be proficient in measuring, cutting, layout, grinding, etc.

The second person I need is a general shop helper. Must be willing to help in all aspects of the shop: shear, punch, laser, bend, welding, debur, assembly, and cleaning. You are mostly an extra pair of hands floating to help with larger pieces or push work though a department that gets behind. This position does not require knowledge of machines to start but you will be required to learn them quickly and safely.

I would suggest welders with certs or ones used to getting paid to weld pipe not apply. We don't do that work and can't pay those rates. These positions are about 15.00 to 20 an hour for welder and 12 to 15 for helper. Smoke free and drug free facility.

Our hours are from 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday. 30 minutes lunch. No breaks. We have been in business since 1867. My grandfather started working there in the 30s. Many of our guys have been here for a long time (30 years) so we are around for the long haul.

We say the pledge of allegiance every morning including the "under God" part.

Any additional questions please email me or you can post.

Mike@lenderking.com

www.lenderkingmetal.com

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Wow, this seems like a very good deal.

Dang shame I just switched jobs after 18 yrs. I REALLY wish I would have had an opportunity like this 3 months ago.

Good luck, and God bless.

Are there benefits to boot also?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Well lets be honest, no one there works the full 10 hours straight without taking a few long walks around the shop lol. But I don't allow smoking or anything like that on my time.

Fair enough. Heck, i dont take and actual "break" at work either but i stop and shoot the shit with the guys when i can, and occasionally log onto MDS :innocent0

Dont get me started on the whole smoking thing. That drives me nuts.

Gun Met

07 FFL / 02 SOT
    Nov 1, 2015
    Wow, this seems like a very good deal.

Dang shame I just switched jobs after 18 yrs. I REALLY wish I would have had an opportunity like this 3 months ago.

Good luck, and God bless.

Are there benefits to boot also?

No medical. I blame Obama.

We do give 6 or 7 paid holidays per year (i forget).

Vacation starts after 1 year and increases the longer your here.

We give you a plan that covers you getting hurt OFF the job. So if your home Saturday and fall off the ladder, this plan will kick in after a certain amount of time and pay you 75% of your pay. No charge for the plan.

Raises are based on merit, not time.

Other than that, it's an honest day's pay for an honest day's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom