• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Talk about life sucking. For those that don't know, I had to have a small back operation yesterday and probably won't be in the woods until at least Wednesday at the earliest.

So fast forward to 5 minutes ago. The wife calls me into the family room to look at the deer in the backyard. Well, less than 100 yards away are 3 of my 4 little buddies. The 6 pointer, the giant 8 pointer and the humongous 10 pointer are all back eating at the tree line in the back corner. If I could shoot with the 270, they'd be dinner on tomorrow's table. But I couldn't get out there with the crossbow to get a shot now.

I'm going to have to take some HGH or something, so I can get out there as soon as possible. The 10 pointer is really the best deer I've ever seen in Maryland. Still in full velvet, but I think it's a 140+ rack.

Gotta get this new camera out in the yard tomorrow so I can get some daytime pictures. All the pictures that I've taken so far have been at night. This is the first time I've seen this group out during the day.

It's getting exciting around here!!!
    Jim Smith

Nice neighbors you have visiting. I feel your pain with the back problems. I'm trying to shoot my bow with a torn rotator. Not fun. Good luck with the healing.

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    so i'm looking to get out this weekend since it will be a lot cooler. My question for everyone is "how long do i have to get it to a butcher before the meat go bad?"

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    so i'm looking to get out this weekend since it will be a lot cooler. My question for everyone is "how long do i have to get it to a butcher before the meat go bad?"

If you shoot overnight just throw a few bags of ice in the chest cavity and take it in the morning. Most important part is getting it field dressed ASAP to get the heat out of the meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom