Why I think a new AWB will "not" happen!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANDFORGOTTEN

Sep 28, 2012
    WA state
    The original AWB(1994) from 103rd congress happend during a time of democratic super majority. HR3355 only passed because of this!

The make-up of the senate was 57 democrats 43 republicans. The make-up of the house was 256 democrats, 178 republicans and 1 independant.

The vote was mostly on party lines but the were some of each party that voted against the majority. The senate voted 61 ayes, 38 noes, 1 not voting. The house voted 235 ayes, 195 noes, 5 not voting.

*** The make-up of the 113th congress being sworn in January 2013, the house 200 democrats, 233 republicans and 2 vacant(?). There is no way I can imagine than many republicans jumping ship, plus how many democrats are pro gun or represent red states.

My references:
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1994/roll416.xml

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=103&session=2&vote=00295

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Here's the facts. Federally, we're not going to see an AWB. We will see magazine restrictions and expansion of laws relating to mental illness and background checks. In our state, we're going to see EVERYTHING and will have to fight tooth and nail to limit the damage to our 2A rights.

tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    Here's the facts. Federally, we're not going to see an AWB. We will see magazine restrictions and expansion of laws relating to mental illness and background checks. In our state, we're going to see EVERYTHING and will have to fight tooth and nail to limit the damage to our 2A rights.

Yeah, I'm far more worried about the nuts in Annapolis. I'm debating writing in to elected officials but most of the time they're full of it anyways

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agreed, MD is the big problem we have right now. There is a strong chance that they will get a lot of what they want.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Not only is there no Dem majority ... even with Dems ... getting re-elected trumps voting left of center

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    You live in MD. The Dems are way too excited about this.

You are 100% right on this. I do not think a Federal AWB will pass. Maryland may well be a different story. I can easily move out of Maryland. If I hit the lights right I can be from my house to West Virginia in two minutes. Moving out of the country would be much more difficult and much less desireable for me.

sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    I have a friend that is active duty military here in the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland on official orders. She is a resident of another state and has never purchased a regulated rifle here but owns one which she brought here from another state when she was assigned to Aberdeen. How does maryland law apply to her and her rifle? I told her I didn't know but would ask around. Any takers?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I have a friend that is active duty military here in the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland on official orders. She is a resident of another state and has never purchased a regulated rifle here but owns one which she brought here from another state when she was assigned to Aberdeen. How does maryland law apply to her and her rifle? I told her I didn't know but would ask around. Any takers?

Essentially, md is not aware that she owns a regulated rifle...:innocent0

sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Right on, that's my opinion also (although I did not voice it...yet). Her concern or question is the legal issue of having it and being physically in md. If it was me, I'd just volunteer to PCS back out of here. Win Win if you ask me

Dan-o

fly in the wall
    Dec 6, 2009
    Hagerstown
    I have it on good authority that unless the entire make up of the Maryland House Judiciary Committee changes, an AWB will not happen here. There are not enough votes for it in committee.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I WILL NOT VOTE for any representative that supports a new AWB.

I hope you take the same stance. It is the only way we can send ripples to the ones that are about to sell our 2A rights.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I as others are am more worried about MD then the Feds and as such I have already started looking at jumping across the line into PA . I can still keep my current job commuting from PA . That said Im not going out with out a fight dammit .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom