• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Too bad, I'd like one of each but the HQL requirement limits my freedom of choice. No HQL for me. I have a visceral reaction to fees and fingerprinting to exercise "rights." They're hallmarks of totalitarian police states. Maybe the MD Dealers and other organizations need to get even more proactive about figuring out how to fund the HQL lawsuit while we enjoy the momentum created by Hogan's victory, and more recently O'Mao's political immolation and the Kolbe decision. Opportunity and time are a wastin. It's not likely to get any better than now.

No carry permits?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No carry permits?

Who said anything about carry permits? I don't believe law abiding citizens should be subjected to fingerprinting to exercise Constitutional rights. Has anyone ever shown that to prevent a single gun death or make anyone safer, when much less intrusive checks that survive strict scrutiny would work?

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I was walking past the ATF table on my way out and heard the female agent telling someone about how stupid Maryland guns laws were.:lol2:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Who said anything about carry permits? I don't believe law abiding citizens should be subjected to fingerprinting to exercise Constitutional rights. Has anyone ever shown that to prevent a single gun death or make anyone safer, when much less intrusive checks that survive strict scrutiny would work?

Time to get off the soap box. You live in a super-leftist state, meaning FSA2013 can't be eliminated overnight. It takes a ton of time and effort, with Kolbe being a perfect example (of a first step). In the meantime, for years on end, because you self-ban yourself from the purchase of modern handguns, leftists in Annapolis smile and give you a standing ovation for handing them another small win.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Time to get off the soap box. You live in a super-leftist state, meaning FSA2013 can't be eliminated overnight. It takes a ton of time and effort, with Kolbe being a perfect example (of a first step). In the meantime, for years on end, because you self-ban yourself from the purchase of modern handguns, leftists in Annapolis smile and give you a standing ovation for handing them another small win.

Well, somebody needs to stand on the soapbox. :)

I'm not "self-banned"; I'm an injured victim of Maryland's overly burdensome, illegal law. Did Rosa Parks simply give up her seat on the bus like she was told?

When people adjust and accept infringements of their rights to get more comfortable, they lose the fire to press for change.

If more people (me too) had paid attention and torn their hair out and screamed bloody murder years ago when fingerprinting and fees were first suggested, it likely would have gone down in flames before it ever got off the ground.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I was walking past the ATF table on my way out and heard the female agent telling someone about how stupid Maryland guns laws were.:lol2:

I stopped to see if they had a new C&R book and the one lady cornered me and asked if I had a personal firearms record, I told her that I had a digital one. She said I should make a written list in case my computer crashed and handed me a little booklet, I almost asked her for 10 more, but bit my tongue. I did pick up a 16 oz. bottle of mil. CLP for $5, a knock off GI leather sling and a .22 Cal. bore lock for $10 each. Then I ran into a guy selling a Stevens 325A in 30-30 in exc. condition, that I ended up buying at a good price.
    Over all a few less venders than last time, but still worth the trip, off to the Greencastle show tomorrow.

:innocent0

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Well, somebody needs to stand on the soapbox. :)

I'm not "self-banned"; I'm an injured victim of Maryland's overly burdensome, illegal law. Did Rosa Parks simply give up her seat on the bus like she was told?

When people adjust and accept infringements of their rights to get more comfortable, they lose the fire to press for change.

If more people (me too) had paid attention and torn their hair out and screamed bloody murder years ago when fingerprinting and fees were first suggested, it likely would have gone down in flames before it ever got off the ground.

FSA2013 is today's reality. You're intentionally self-banning yourself. If you feel so strongly about 2A, then put your money where your mouth is. Get the HQL while FSA2013 continues to exist and buy modern handguns at MD gun shops. Stop implying behavior that's illegal or engaging in behavior that helps to render MD handgun sales extinct. Neither behavior is helpful for 2A.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    FSA2013 is today's reality. You're intentionally self-banning yourself. If you feel so strongly about 2A, then put your money where your mouth is. Get the HQL while FSA2013 continues to exist and buy modern handguns at MD gun shops. Stop implying behavior that's illegal or engaging in behavior that helps to render MD handgun sales extinct. Neither behavior is helpful for 2A.

The MD dealers have a major role to play in determining this. In 2013, they made out like bandits -- a real windfall -- in the runup to FSA2013. It follows that '14 was slower due to sales pushed into '13, but the '13 volume was astronomical, partly from first time buyers and many people who might not have otherwise bought at all but for O'Mao. Then, '15 was also a very, very good year, thanks in part to the other 0's shenanigans. This is the dealers' livelihood and future. They need to take the lead in "putting their money where their mouths are."

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Interesting.

At the food truck outside I had a conversation with a 30-something, black female, whom appeared to be carrying; she was reserved, but related that she shot trap, etc. She said she wanted to become an NRA instructor, and agreed with licenses to carry. In retrospect, she pretty much fit every former military and 'fed' I've ever known. I'm guessing now that she might have been one of the ATF agents at the show. I somehow missed their booth, I spent 93% of my time sitting in my buddies booth helping him.

The young woman I spoke with was very nice and struck me as someone who really knew what was going on and was on all our... 'the People's' side.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I thought it was an okay show. I'm in between paying off Christmas's credit card bills and that (hopefully) big fat blizzard OT check...so I wasn't planning on walking out with anything. We had fun looking though.

The wife noticed a used stainless Marlin 1895 in .45-70 (like a crow, she likes shiny things) for $795. I never really priced them, but my gut said it seemed a little high. I also noticed it was at Fox...so we didn't even pick it up. Later we saw a NEW one for I think $50 less from the guy with all the 10/22's. If she hadn't just bought a shotgun, she might have come home with it.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Forgot to mention a pretty nice JM marked Marlin 336 .35 lever action there at A1. It was listed at $300. Bluing was gone on the bottom of the receiver, but otherwise the wood looked nice. I already have one, otherwise it wouldn't be there right now. Based on the serial number on the tag it was made in 1966.

Attachments

• IMG_1600.jpg
      IMG_1600.jpg
      53.9 KB · Views: 279
    • IMG_1601.jpg
      IMG_1601.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 377

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I missed quite a few people, darnit, Talked to Lou who looks much better than last year, if that's saying much :) I talked to the ATF guy there, I walked up and said "what the hell are you doing here?" he laughed and seemed to be having a good time. I asked about opinion letters (fools asking for opinions they don't need to), tricks for <29" (none), and what the most popular question he gets? Most people ask about the process.
    On my list is a Gen 2 Sub 2k 9mm Glock, saw one at the show for $650.00. but having done my research on thektog.org the average price paid in the last 6 months is $431.00 (out of 24) MSRP $500. so I passed, not complaining, love my gen1. Curious that the help tried to sell me the thing so I asked if all S2K's(gen2) had the threaded barrel, he looked down the chambered end and said yes , I laughed said no that would be rifling, he laughed and said whoops ... but I know the bullet comes out this end! which he guessed correctly.
    I would have spent some money if Mark was there.

Get your darned HQL it only hurts a little.

Overboost, I noticed the Marlin too but decided not to add another caliber to the reloading right now, and I would if I grabbed it.

Rugbier

Jul 19, 2010
    MD
    has anyone noticed a Used G-19 well priced?

Looking for a project and if not cheap enough, will buy a new one

Thanks

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Forgot to mention a pretty nice JM marked Marlin 336 .35 lever action there at A1. It was listed at $300. Bluing was gone on the bottom of the receiver, but otherwise the wood looked nice. I already have one, otherwise it wouldn't be there right now. Based on the serial number on the tag it was made in 1966.

.35?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom