• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I figured since the 795 had it's own thread, we could use one for the Model 60.... Here's my 1979 model with the new Boyd's stock I just finished and cheap optics... I like the weight of the new stock, makes the gun a little heavier... gave her a new DIP trigger and trigger guard too (note-- the Boyd stocks are not machined to fit the old trigger guards...) Still not sure if I'm going to put studs and sling on it yet... I think I was 14 when I got her--- looks better than ever with the new stock...

Attachments

• camera 3 31 2011 035.jpg
      camera 3 31 2011 035.jpg
      131.5 KB · Views: 794
    • camera 3 31 2011 036.jpg
      camera 3 31 2011 036.jpg
      140 KB · Views: 761

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Maddie's is a 1982 Marlin Glenfield 60, the last year the Glenfields were made. Hers has the 18 round tube, but does not have the bolt hold after the last shot. The scope is a cheapie Crosman rimfire scope.

38483_10150256274860585_691460584_14059748_3402633_n.jpg

37545_10150256275480585_691460584_14059798_4527780_n.jpg

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    The bolt on mine does not stay open either... The wood on yours looks good-- mine had the pressed checkering which I don't like...You should think about an Appleseed with Maddie-- $10 for 2 days for her and you'd be $70-- great stuff!!!!

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    The Model 60 is a fun plinking gun - its good to see people still shoot them!! The blue one in the pic was my first rifle - from the 80's. It orginally had the press checkered stock - which I never really liked. I upgraded it to Brown Laminate a bunch of years ago. I bought the Stainless model back in Mid 90's. Notice it has a shorter Mag Tube. I wasnt even sure if they still made them anymore. I mostly use mine for rabbit control on my property - I should drag them down to the range one day!

2MDL60s.jpg

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    anybody have any issues with the safety on a Marlin hanging up? I bought used at Brownstone Trading Company for 100 bucks and the safety worked fine. Showed it to my brother he was looking it over and then the safety hung up in the "fire" position meaning the boom switch is active. took it apart looked it over and cleaned and lubed it to try and fix it but nothing. Originally worked properly with finger pressure now I have to force it into position but ONLY to safe moving to fire its rough but doable with finger pressure

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The Model 60 is a fun plinking gun - its good to see people still shoot them!! The blue one in the pic was my first rifle - from the 80's. It orginally had the press checkered stock - which I never really liked. I upgraded it to Brown Laminate a bunch of years ago. I bought the Stainless model back in Mid 90's. Notice it has a shorter Mag Tube. I wasnt even sure if they still made them anymore. I mostly use mine for rabbit control on my property - I should drag them down to the range one day!

2MDL60s.jpg

That laminate gun is on my list

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    anybody have any issues with the safety on a Marlin hanging up? I bought used at Brownstone Trading Company for 100 bucks and the safety worked fine. Showed it to my brother he was looking it over and then the safety hung up in the "fire" position meaning the boom switch is active. took it apart looked it over and cleaned and lubed it to try and fix it but nothing. Originally worked properly with finger pressure now I have to force it into position but ONLY to safe moving to fire its rough but doable with finger pressure

IIRC , there is a set screw on the safety assembly--- have you checked it?

I have a 1973 version that needs some rework. I need to get moving on it. It needs a new front sight assembly. Any thoughts on parts? Marlin sucks to order from and i dont know if they have the old parts. This was my first gun. Times are changing. My son (11) got his first gun 2 years ago. I built him a spikes dedicated .22 with KAC rail and sparc red dot. Pretty good for a kid.

I figured since the 795 had it's own thread, we could use one for the Model 60.... Here's my 1979 model with the new Boyd's stock I just finished and cheap optics... I like the weight of the new stock, makes the gun a little heavier... gave her a new DIP trigger and trigger guard too (note-- the Boyd stocks are not machined to fit the old trigger guards...) Still not sure if I'm going to put studs and sling on it yet... I think I was 14 when I got her--- looks better than ever with the new stock...

Nice looking pooch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom