• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    So I want to get a LEE pro 1000 and already have some RCBS dies. Now the RCBS dies are the same threads but dont seem to have a powder through expander die to use with the Lee. Can I purchase a powder through expander die to use with the other RcBS dies in the press ? I would rather not buy another complete set of dies from Lee unless I have too.

Help.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    thats cool. its on it way. I ordered a press with 357 /38 spl.dies that I didnt have , and ordered a powder 45 LC die for my RCBS 45 dies that I already had. Along with a 45 shellplate. So I should be set for 45 and 38/357.I would have liked to get the press package with 44-40 set up.But they said it was not offered. That would have been better.
    Judge Soy Bean let me load some on his Lee 1000 and I liked it.:thumbsup:

See you next week Marshlan.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    You'll like the 1000. The directions are horrible, check out Lee's web site for videos and more info on setting up. Clean out the primer trough before you start, and keep it full of primers, this seems to be where one of the problems lie.

MH

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I might just hand prime for a while. I have herd others say they've had issues with the priming on these. I'll give it a try. Have you had any problems with seating the primers deep enough ?

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Clean out the primer trough before you start. I used a pipe cleaner and a little dry graphite. Once you get going, just keep the primer try full. It needs the weight of the primers to push the nest into position. Be sure to adjust the index, it will line up the shell plate perfectly with the primer. Directions to do that are on Lee's web site, and maybe buried at the end of the written instruction somewhere. It should be the first part of setup. Be sure that the case retainers are securely up against the case, they are spring steel and can get bent. Can't say I've ever had problem with seating depth at all.

That's all I can think of right now. When set up right, the primer system works great.

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom