• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Ok, I'm still concerned by mixed guidance being given by DC about carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.

I know that the law's details have been posted here before apparently showing it was OK to carry in a restaurant as long as you where not drinking, but the posted FAQ bluntly states "On premises where alcohol is served".

This could lead to problems with the public and police not knowing the law and needlessly harassing people.

From the FAQ:

Q: Can those who do hold a concealed-carry permit in the District carry them anywhere in the

city, at any time?

A: No. Similar to the time, place, and manner restrictions on the exercise of First Amendment

rights, there are certain limitations on the times and places where a permit holder may carry a

concealed handgun in the District. Permit holders cannot carry their handguns:

• While they are consuming alcohol or are otherwise impaired;

• In a District government building;

• On the grounds of childcare facility, public or private school or university;

• At a hospital or medical/mental health office;

• At a penal institute, secure juvenile facility, or halfway house;

• At a polling place while voting is occurring;

• On public transportation, including in Metro stations;

• On premises where alcohol is served;

• At a stadium or arena;

• At a gathering or special event open to the public;

<SNIP>

You need to attend the required training provided by a competent instructor. Then you would understand and not have any concerns.

Geo. Lyon is one, I am another.

Register for my D.C. AND Maryland combined Permit training class here, or just the D.C. Law portion (2 hrs)

www.regonline.com/DCCCL

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Thoughts about empty brass in car. I'm thinking I have various pieces of empty brass of different calibers in my car from trips to the range. If I were to get a DC carry permit and register one pistol could I still be in trouble because of only one caliber registered?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Heading to 300 now, should be quick.

Update , I was out in a 20 mins
    However, they told me i may require more proof of training. All my Certificates mean little. They will let me know.
    Also 90 days for DC is 90 days. Not MSP 90 days.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Heading to 300 now, should be quick.

Update , I was out in a 20 mins
    However, they told me i may require more proof of training. All my Certificates mean little. They will let me know.
    Also 90 days for DC is 90 days. Not MSP 90 days.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

What training did you submit and how old was the training?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It’s never been made clear if the 2 year limit also applies to previous training. I got out of the Army in 1972 so I hope it’s not.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It’s never been made clear if the 2 year limit also applies to previous training. I got out of the Army in 1972 so I hope it’s not.

I thought someone else was able to get theirs with a dd214, and I didn't get the impression that person was current or just recently in the service. They may treat that as satisfactory without regard to age, at least for initial permits.
    Problem with the DC code is a lot of it is up to the whims of the chief.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    By design. Guess who is the chief’s boss?

This way the Govt can continue to control the serfs

As the Church Lady said

“How convenient”.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I thought someone else was able to get theirs with a dd214, and I didn't get the impression that person was current or just recently in the service. They may treat that as satisfactory without regard to age, at least for initial permits.
    Problem with the DC code is a lot of it is up to the whims of the chief.

I used my DD214 and I got out in 03

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    IIRC MD ccw allows cc of a fixed blade knife, does anyone have knowledge of this for DC? Is this included in the training classes some are pushing?

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    The other problem is my DD214 lists medals and awards but not my firearms quals.Hope that’s not a deal breaker

It's worthwhile to just submit it and talk to Sgt. Hall. They've accepted my DD214, without gun training specified on it, for gun registrations once it was understood that no one goes through basic training without at least range time on the M16. I submitted the DD214 with my carry permit applications but included other training certs too. Still, both times I was rejected only on the good reason.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That makes me feel better. Indeed no one gets out of basic training without quals on the M16, which I did. I have no idea why it isn't listed. Crappy clerks I guess.

I have other training I will submit as well.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Was not listed on my DD214 either but was asked if my unit was Inf. (3rd Bn 6th Inf. stated on DD214). When I said yes the Interviewer seemed to be happy with that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The map at www.handgunlaw.us has been updated to reflect DC shall issue status.

Attachments

• dc.JPG
      dc.JPG
      60.1 KB · Views: 226

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads