• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    I went to On Target yesterday to shoot...and while I was there, I happened to see a SCAR as I was checking in.

I honestly figured it was sold and just on display until it was being picked up.

Went over and looked at it and found out they just put it on display 15 min ago...it was a SCAR 17s. As soon as I held it, I loved it. I can't wait to try this thing out - I had no idea this was a cash & carry item.

On Target was great as they have always been to me...just wanted to post this and give them a :thumbsup:

Pics:
    photo%285%29.JPG

photo%286%29.JPG

photo%287%29.JPG

photo%288%29.JPG

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    did you have to cash in the kids college fund or was it reasonable..1800-2400?

I wish I could find a SCAR 17 for 18-2400. I looked around at some forums, pricing a few months ago before the craze was around $2500-2900...It was $3200.

I looked around GB as well, some of them go for around $3800-4500.

MikeHomefire

Feb 6, 2013
    Millersville
    Out of curiosity, how does this fall in the cash and carry department? I had no idea..but hell reckon you are not complaining. Nice Purchase...little jealous here.

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    Out of curiosity, how does this fall in the cash and carry department? I had no idea..but hell reckon you are not complaining. Nice Purchase...little jealous here.

I was very surprised too! When I saw it on the wall, I figured someone already bought it and was just waiting out the MSP part...since just about everything there is sold.

I'm assuming is C&C because it's a Heavy Barrel?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    on target are expensive as hell.

since you have to buy their ammo when you use the lane, and god forbid you rent one of their guns to use, it adds up very quickly.

I once went shooting with a friend for his birthday and the bill by the end was more than my entire year long membership to the AGC range in mariottsville!

Also, occasionally they sell guns that they have rented out as new- and if you call them on it they'll say
    "what we meant was LIKE new"

They do take care of military and police though.

Still, congrats on your purchase, I've been wanting a scar heavy for what seems like forever.

May I suggest you put a fixed six power scope on it with BUIS, a buddy of mine has that setup on his ACR, and it works great, the scope for long range, and just use the irons for closer threats.

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012

since you have to buy their ammo when you use the lane, and god forbid you rent one of their guns to use, it adds up very quickly.

I once went shooting with a friend for his birthday and the bill by the end was more than my entire year long membership to the AGC range in mariottsville!

Also, occasionally they sell guns that they have rented out as new- and if you call them on it they'll say

Still, congrats on your purchase, I've been wanting a scar heavy for what seems like forever.

May I suggest you put a fixed six power scope on it with BUIS, a buddy of mine has that setup on his ACR, and it works great, the scope for long range, and just use the irons for closer threats.

@ On Target, you can bring your own ammo if you have your own firearms. You only need to buy ammo from them if you are renting one of theirs.

Which scope does your buddy have? I'll definitely have to check it out...I've been contemplating what to put on it.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I have one.. it took me a year to collect enough magazines to be happy with it.. good luck finding mags!

edit:

take the sticker off!

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    what else did they have there? anything worth looking at?

At the same time they put out the SCAR, they put out a DPMS AR15 that was snatched up 5 minutes later.

They have a Anschütz look-alike SCAR in a .22, like this:
    MSR_RX22_Black1.jpg

Aside from that - a lot of shotguns, think they had 1-2 M&P 15-22s...one being pink.

I have one.. it took me a year to collect enough magazines to be happy with it.. good luck finding mags!

Yea, that is one thing I have to hold off on now. They told me they had some 10 round mags in stock - I didn't check the price though...but I checked out GB an $200 for a 20 round mag!!!!!!!!! :mad54:
    I'll be sticking with my 1 20 round mag for a while I think.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I mostly use a CompM4 on mine, high battery due to reciprocating charging handle. the farthest I have shot it was 600 with a 1-6x Vortex Razor HD II - it is my favorite rifle that I own.

I also added a PWS rail extension.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md

Wow .. they do not make you shoot thier ammo on thier range only if you are renting one of thier guns .

And sorry I have never seen them sell a used rental for new .. i beleive you are mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom